“Short Stay”

Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Heading for Eureka on the west coast, Redding was an ideal stopover. This hotel was quiet, even being close to the interstate the noise was very muted. Staff were very friendly and helpful, giving directions to local shops and restaurants. The room was at the end of the corridor, was clean and smelled fresh. All we needed for the overnight stay was there in the room. Beds were really comfortable and a good nights sleep was had. The hot breakfast was fresh with a good variety of cereals, fruit and yogourts as well as the normal hot items. A very pleasant stay. Would use again if we were passing in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian H
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was in Redding two days for business.

The hotel has easy access to the I-5 freeway. The hotel is modern (not the old style drive up to your room). Check in was quick and easy. The hotel and rooms are clean. The rooms are updated (fast WiFi, flat screen TV, new beds, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sitting area, work desk, etc). Breakfast is decent (eggs, sausages, bacon, muffins, bagels, muffins, bread, yogurt, waffles, juices, etc). At night, they have warm fresh baked cookies too. There is a small fitness room and a pool.

On the negative side, the bathrooms, in my opinion, are not quite to standard. There is no grab bar and no bathmat to prevent slipping. Plus, the bathtub makes noise and moves everytime you step around in it. It almost feels like you might fall through it. Poor construction. Also, full size pillows are not used. The pillows are about the size of a couch pillow.

Aside from these negatives, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ViennaLover
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights this past August. We found this to be one of the better Best Westerns we have stayed at. We had a suite which had 2 beds, a large sitting area, and sinks both inside and outside the bathroom. This provided plenty of space for my family to spread out and place our luggage. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean.

I can't say enough about how nice every staff member we interacted with was. Each person was friendly, helpful and greeted you with a real smile. The cookies the front desk makes are also a nice touch. The pool though small was great for the 105 degree heat each day.

We found the location convenient. It is a few minutes from downtown, the shopping, the fast food and an easy drive to both Whiskeytown National Recreation Area and Shasta Dam. And since we were heading north on departure, a perfect location for heading north on I-5.

If we happen to be in Redding again there is no question that we would stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
bwforestparkinn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Best Western PLUS Twin View Inn & Suites in Redding, CA. We appreciate all the wonderful feedback. Our customers frequently rave about our spacious suites and heavenly beds. Our friendly and cheerful staff are always happy to serve our guests with the best service. We look forward to your next visit to Redding,CA.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed her for one night, after a very long day on the road. The room was clean and smelled good. The bed was very comfortable! The linens / decor appear to be new, or recent. The continental breakfast was good and had great variety! The shower had good water pressure. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cgrsar

Thank you for reviewing the Best Western PLUS Twin View Inn & Suites in Redding,CA. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit. Our friendly and cheerful staff are always at your service if you are in need of any special requests or suggestions for local restaurants. Thank you for all the positive feedback!

Sales Director

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This Best Western is on the north end of Redding. There are not any real sit down restaurants around this motel, which is my main gripe with this lodging choice. Having said that, I was able to drive south (I was going north on this leg of my trip) about 5 minutes and get to a really great Black Bear Diner off the Hilltop exit and to the east. Will try to review that too.

Rooms and towels were new like. No overwashed towels or wash cloths. Thank you folks. The staff person at the front desk greeted me after hours, I got in after midnight. I called them to advise I was coming in that late. I had a reservation that I made while on the road.

I was towing a 20 foot utility trailer. This is a potential problem with staying here. They only have about 4 "RV" spaces. If you are the last "RV" to get a space, you likely won't get in the space because there is not enough room to turn into that last space. I was unable to park in that area mainly because some real selfish person in a small import pickup parked in one of the RV spaces. There is no adjacent property to park a truck and trailer or RV. I had to park along the curb in an area where the only way to get out was to very carefully back around a corner and onto the main road. Not something I would do again.

Bed was very nice and firm, looked new. I did not eat their breakfast in the morning, as I noted above, I drove to the Black Bear Diner and ate there. The air conditioning (it was very hot in Redding, it was early August) was very good. Bathrooms were modern, and I really liked the arrangement of the bathroom to the sleeping area in this hotel room. One of the best I have seen anywhere.

I would stay here again as long as I am not towing a trailer. Otherwise I would look for another place in Redding that has extra parking for vehicles towing trailers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing the Best Western PLUS Twin View Inn & Suites in Redding. We appreciate your writing a review and providing feedback. I do apologize for the parking incident. We due have several spots available for large trailers and RV's. We look forward to your next visit and will try to arrange parking for your trailer

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This motel has easy access from and to the freeway. The rooms are clean and the breakfast has hot items as well as cold ones. There's variety for diabetics! Staff was friendly and helpful. They offered fresh baked cookies in the evening. The pool has handicapped access to assist in lifting in and out of the water!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway or pool so you can leave the window open if desired...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
bwforestparkinn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Judy,

Thank you for reviewing our establishment in Redding,CA. We appreciate the positive feedback and tips for our future guests. The cookies are freshly baked daily by our friendly front desk agents. We do keep our guests and their needs in mind when providing our complimentary breakfast. Hope to see you again in the near future!

Sales Director

Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here a few different times now on our way to Disneyland. It has great on/off of I-5 and is always clean, nice staff and your typical breakfast setup. They always have good cookies at the counter too after our 12 hour drive there, which is nice. We've come accustom to Best Westerns. Nice overall experience.

• Stayed: August 2012
bwforestparkinn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Best Western PLUS Twin View Inn & Suites during your recent stay. We appreciate your continuous loyalty to us and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. The freshly baked cookies are a favorite for everyone (including our cheerful staff!) We hope you enjoyed your trip to Disneyland.

Sales and Marketing Director