“Sweet family suite”

Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Corvallis, Oregon
“Sweet family suite”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Needed a place to stay in Redding to break up a long trip between San Francisco and Oregon for 2 adults and 2 adolescents. Thank goodness for Smartphones and Best Western's interest in providing "Family Suites." When I called the hotel directly they offered a price lower than that advertised on Priceline. I didn't ask for a lower price; they offered it. Breakfast included.

Our Family Suite was huge: two queen beds in a large area separated off from the large living room plus a king bed in a completely separate bedroom; the bathroom was accessible from both bedrooms, and the queen bedroom had a separate sink. Comfortable beds too.

My only complaint was having to unload the car and schlep luggage in the rain to an outside, uncovered entrance. I mark that up to an architectural design flaw that could hardly be deemed the management's fault. When I reported to the staff that the security door guard (that lever thingy) in our room was in need of repair, she thanked me profusely for bringing it to her attention.

Indeed, the staff at this hotel was wonderful -- friendly and responsive, just what we needed. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again.

1 Thank Anon5471

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Redding, California
Reviewed December 6, 2011

The rates that were promised weren't kept,being a returning customer and knowing that they have a preferred sweet and not letting it available. We are in the middle of winter there are 4 cars in the parking lot. Being off season the rate are supposed to go down not up. Front desk states that a roll away isn't available for a child due to fire marshal rules but still rented the room with three occupancts. Theres "something" on the walls,and for the price not a smoking room available. and If you want to eat you have to eat by there time, which it should be till check out time for the price. Unfortunately for this establishment we are aware of the other places that provide proper customer service and will accomidate a 12 yr old. We will not return!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I want to thank the staff of Best Western Twin View for making our stay a memorable one. We celebrated our third wedding anniversary in Redding, California. Erika, (My wife) and Kayra, (Our Daughter) have never been to California and it was a treat for them.

After a grueling eleven hour drive from Lynnwood, Washington to Redding, California we were happy that the trip ended. Upon entering and approaching the desk we were greeted in a friendly outgoing manner which was a delight. The night desk person was personable, outgoing and had a wonderful sense of humor which was welcome. Check in went smoothly.

The next venture was to unpack and settle in. The room was clean and well appointed. I was impressed by this fact. Some places you go into and the cleanliness just isn’t there. Stale smells of guests past. Not twin View, it is well maintained. All of the comforts of home away from home.

After a good night’s sleep we were ready to greet the day. Off to the breakfast bar for some food. The offerings were good and there was a wide selection of food to please the pallet of most travelers. The round scrambled eggs and sausage were nice. The bacon was good as well. I liked the coffee. It was a clean area even though the masses are sometimes not neat and clean. I commend the person taking care of the area. She does a wonderful job. I would recommend adding English muffins to the mix. They play better with round eggs and sausage.

Before going back to the room I stopped by the front desk to offer my opinion about the breakfast. I met “D”. Here is a person that knows her job. Then again after fifteen years I would too. I especially liked “D” for being honest, outgoing and personable. Dealing with the public can wear thin after a while with some people and their high demands. She smiled, kidded around and was a joy to deal with. Not all business but added her personality to the mix. Not the stuffy stiff upper lip you usually expect from the front desk. Besides, later that day I met her Mom. LOL “Be nice or I’ll tell Mom”, I said at which she laughed and shared a little history about her job and length of service. Nice touch. I don’t usually interact with the staff like most travelers but I felt prompted to do so and pleased that I did. Getting to know the people to some degree made our visit more pleasant. In addition, we needed change for laundry and “D” provided it to us. Good customer service in addition to greeting me by name when she saw me. I wasn’t a guest number I was a live person with a name. I was treated with respect and friendliness.

I found Fernando from housekeeping to be a person with a high work ethic and a joy to meet. I commend Fernando for his work ethic and customer service.

We also experience housekeeping. There was a very light knock on the door and there was one of the employees asking if it was alright to come in and clean. I did not make note of her name because I was busy at the time. However, she deserves to be recognized for the good work she did. Between my limited Spanish and her broken English we communicated. Her uniform was clean with no wrinkles. Her hair was put up and she had a pen pushed in it. She came in and like a whirlwind buzzed through the room cleaning as I observed her. I was impressed that she pulled the filters from the AC unit and cleaned them as well. Nice touch. I thought I was the only person that did that. HA! I guess not. Several days later, we had the opportunity to experience another well qualified efficient housekeeping person. Like the previous person, she came in, cleaned up and left the room spotless. I was impressed.

It is these unsung behind the scenes hero’s that make a good business better and keep people coming back. It has been decided that Best Western will be our brand of choice when we travel. This is due in part by the generosity of Twin View and the excellent Customer Service of the staff.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there isn't a good room. Some people complained about traffic noise from the fr...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Fsuszka
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This is our hotel of choice for an overnight when travelling between the Bay Area and Portland. It's very clean and is 100% smoke-free. It has a great breakfast selection, free wi-fi, free USA Today and local calls. The service was very friendly, from the lady at check-in, the man at check-out, and the lady staffing the breakfast bar. We left our phone charger behind, and they held it for us until we passed through again on our way home 5 days later. I appreciated that they held it for me rather than put it in a box and asked me to pick mine out, because it was a special type of charger. I will stay here again.

1 Thank JF4
Ukiah Ca
Reviewed November 13, 2011

On business and it was a good place to stay, clean , quite and great breakfast

Room Tip: I like the rooms in back
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Colorado
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Stopped here on our way down to the Bay area. Located right off of I-5, comfortable accomodations, staff helpful, breakfast included in the AM and back on the road. Good value, would stay here again!

Folsom, California
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I stay at the Best Western at Twin View Blvd in Redding, California at least once a month. I always have a very pleasant experience. The staff at the hotel (Peter, Emily, Dee and others) go out of their way to help me with anything I need. Their breakfast selection is fantastic, they have a nice workout facility and their cookies in the evenint that they make are delicious. I feel like part of their family whenever I'm staying at this location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business