“I'll stay elsewhere next time.”

Oxford Suites Redding
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Even though I had two reservations (they double booked us by mistake), they didn't have a room for us. After bickering amongst themselves for a few moments, the gentleman at the front desk whispered to me...and I quote..."We really do have a room for you, she (the other employee) just wants to save it for later tonight" (whatever that means). After about five minutes of wondering what they are up to, I receive a room key and head upstairs. Our room was over the kitchen so we listened to the exhaust fans and HVAC units all night. The topper to the noise issue was that the HVAC unit in the room was horribly loud.....really.....uncomfortably loud.....to the point that we could not use it and opened the window instead...only to listen to the traffic all night. When we checked out, we were not even asked how our room was....I'm inclined to believe that they already knew. The whole experience was quite disappointing and like I said before, I'll stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Davinni
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. We will review our procedures with our staff to ensure that check-in is smoother moving forward. When possible, we are happy to move guests to a room that is more suitable to their needs. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know we could have provided a better experience. Would you mind contacting our General Manager to discuss the situation in a bit more detail? Please call 800.762.0133 and ask for Kimberly Babiasz. Thank you again for commenting.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

We were on a long-haul trip down I-5 and were happy to turn in for the night at this hotel. Traveling with our dog limits the choices, so it was great to find this chain. Clean, spacious rooms and filling, fresh food in the morning makes Oxford Suites a winner for us.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Roadscholarz
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We rolled into redding at 4:30 on a Sat after a long day of senic Riding. We inquired if they had any Rooms They Said yes, But They could not rent us any because their internet was down. We decided to have an early dinner and check back. I asked if they would call us as soon as it was working. We returned after dinner still no internet. We where told all booking is done Via the internet. My friend then asked if we went and booked online then returned with a comfirmation number could we get our rooms. Sorry no way confirm our confirmation number. (HUH) We had to clarify with the manager that they where willing to let the rooms set empty rather than Rent them without a reservation. his Answer was a polite YES. We went across the parking lot to the Comfort Inn They also had no internet But took Our credit card info and told us we could do the paperwork in the morning. While Sitting on our Balcony that night we laughed at how many lights where not on at the Oxford Suites. They did call My phone at 8:30 that night but did not leave a messeage. I'm not sure if my room was ready or if I needed to find a nice spot under the freeway overpass. Who Makes rules like that

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

Thank you for your comments, and for actively seeking out Oxford Suites for your stay. We truly apologize that we were unable to accommodate you. We all learn from our mistakes, and this is no exception. We invite you to consider Oxford Suites in the future and allow us the opportunity to prove that your experience was a one-time event, not the standard experience. Thank you again for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

All I can say is wow! I've never seen an entire staff operate with the level of friendliness and excellence in customer service as the staff at Oxford Suites. They went out of their way to meet every request.
Second, the breakfast was sustaining and varied each day. Every evening a reception meal is offered. I've never seen this before at a hotel. Again the menu was delightful and changed every day!
Last, the beds...ultra comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I enjoyed my time there very much. Everything was quiet, smooth, and clean. The pool was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Travelling through on the way from San Francisco to Washington. Hotel was recommended by a friend. Convenient location. Great hot breakfast. Pool was great. Wifi and also a computer in the lobby. Had everything we needed and was priced right.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Very lovely service at check-in! I was quite pleased with the front desk ser vice--they were courteous and professional. My room was a nice suite with 2 rooms, living rm (w/ refrig, coffee maker, micro, TV) separate from bedroom) overlooking the pool and king bed with lots of pillows. They have a comp happy hr (w/apps, wine &beer) and full breakfast.

By the way, if you've ever stayed at the Quality Inn @ John Wayne Airport in Orange County CA, you will definatively feel at home here! It's almost the same layout, and certainly as good a stayl.

I would certainly stay here again and highly recommend this property to all my friends!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business