“Good First Time Experience”

Oxford Suites Redding
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This was my first stay at an Oxford Suites and I was very impressed with the Redding facility. Lindsay greeted me upon arrival and made my check in a real breeze.

I had a queen suite room which had a separate sitting area with pocket doors. Since I was meeting family here, I wanted an area that we could visit.

My arrival was on a Sunday so the "eating area" wasn't open. On Monday morning I was gone before breakfast was served so am unable to comment on the food.

The bed was excellent! I don't sleep well away from my own bed, but I got a great nights sleep. Several times during the night I wondered where my cats were since they sleep on me during the night. This was a good thing.

Check out was painless. My only complaint was the difficulty in getting the luggage cart from the parking lot through the many doors to my room. Only the entrance door was self-opening. All the rest, you had to struggle with to get the cart through.

I would definitely recommend this facility to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank LYNN J
There are newer reviews for Oxford Suites Redding

Reviewed June 23, 2014

THe Oxford suites was a great deal and a perfect place to stop after a long days drive - the room was nice and clean the service was friendly and a bargain for what you get.
Would stay here again if was in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We have been staying at the Oxford Suites in Redding for years. This trip was once again met with a friendly staff, very comfotable and quiet room, and of course the breakfast is a great way to start the next days trip. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Scott N
Reviewed June 18, 2014

For the price, this hotel offers great amenities. It has a nice couch and tv area, fridge, includes breakfast, and snacks and two alcoholic beverages each evening. They also have a shuttle to/from Sacramento airport. The people are very friendly and helpful, and coffee and cookies are available all day. Like other pet friendly hotels, it is not super clean in my opinion, but it wasn't dirty, just 'pet visited', so if you have pet allergies, be aware. I would definitely stay here again. I really loved it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelerT C
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We review all guest feedback and share with our team, in order to better serve our guests. We wanted to clarify the comment about the shuttle, in case others read this review. We offer complimentary shuttle services, when prearranged, to the Redding Airport from 7:00am to 11:00pm, There is also a fee based provider, First Class Shuttle, who provides services to the Sacramento Airport to and from our parking lot, but is not operated by our hotel. Thanks again for commenting and for the opportunity to comment on the shuttle services. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed at the Oxford Suites for 2 nights when we were in Redding for a wedding. The room was large and comfortable with a king bed and a sofa. The breakfast was delicious. The first morning they had scrambled eggs, sausage and potatoes and the second morning they had scrambled eggs, sausage and biscuits and gravy all hot and ready to eat. In the evening they had a salad bar with wonderful choices and 2 drink tickets. Couldn't have asked for more. It is located right next to restaurants so very convenient to that as well as the freeway for easy travel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank vacationer2013432
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I recently stayed here while I passed through Redding. I'm more of a Marriott person, but they were sold out, so I was referred to the Oxford Suites. I wasn't that impressed when I pulled in, the outside of the hotel seemed a bit outdated, but as soon as I came through the lobby I was pleasantly surprised! The front desk person told me they had just gotten renovated and it was very charming! The hallways smelled fresh and the rooms clearly had new carpet, very clean. They had a salad bar and drinks at night, it was packed in the restaurant, so it must have been popular! The breakfast was great, eggs made to order and they had a good selection of sides.
I'm glad I got a chance to check it out, I will now look for Oxford Suites during my travels, never have I met such friendly and accommodating staff that really makes you feel like you are one of their valued guests. I highly recommend this hotel if you are making your way through Redding.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thanks for trying us out! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed at Oxford Suites in Redding CA while attending a conference at Bethel Church.The hotel info was posted on Bethel Church website- travel/lodging a long with many other hotel choices . I choose to stay at Oxford Suites after I read that they provided a full hot breakfast, an evening appetizer-salad bar, complementary shuttle service to and from my conference and also to the airport in Redding. I took the First Class Shuttle from Sacramento airport into Redding; Oxford Suites is the drop off and pick up location for those riding the shuttle, which was very convenient for me. My room was very clean, it included a microwave and a small refrigerator. Nice pool and sauna, pool area was relaxing. They provided nice treats like- cookies and/or apples at the front desk, hot tea, coffee or hot chocolate is available at all times. Hopefully they will improve on their loyalty program. I would definitely go back and I highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo