“Excellent staff”

Oxford Suites Redding
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is my favorite hotel in Redding. The staff is SO friendly. It's hard to beat getting a full hot breakfast and a free salad bar at night (and two free drinks at bar) There's a little store on site where you can rent a DVD, buy ice cream, etc. The pool is small and intimate. I liked it. It's definitely an older hotel, but updated. The rooms are nice. Comfy beds with a sleeper couch which was nice. We stayed there when we moved our daughter to Simpson University (special rate for simpson parents) and it was cool seeing all the college families there, getting ready to say goodbye to their kids <tear>. I plan to stay again in August when my daughter returns to school.

Room Tip: Bottom floor. Our floor was up top and the walk along the outdoor breezeway is SO hot in the summer...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimberly H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We love it here and always stay here when we are in redding. Dan and Lindsey at the front desk are amazing! And Vanessa is amazing at the bar! We love the free breakfast and free drinks at the evening reception. The rooms are always clean and very comfortable. Never disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I spent the night here after a long day's drive. The front desk attendants were pleasant and the lobby is attractive. My room was on the third floor, overlooking the pool. I thought that might be a problem, but it wasn't at all. I had a peaceful night's sleep:-) The suite had 2 TVs and it was as clean as any hotel room can be. The toiletries here are the best. They're Sicilian Blood Orange scented, and I loooved them. I brought the bottle of body lotion home and it's one of the best I've used. They have a happy hour in the dining area, but I was too tired to take advantage of it. The next morning, I had a nice, hot breakfast before I hit the road again. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and I highly recommend it to anyone spending time in Redding.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TibbieMom
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable but the desk staff was very rude. The hotel had cable people doing repairs at night They did not notify the guests so, when someone knocked on my door at 9:30 pm I did not want to open the door.

The complimentary dinner was nothing more than a salad and a couple of drinks. The breakfast buffet was also very disappointing with very few choices.

I do a lot of traveling and have stayed at hotels that cost less and offered more. Cost of the stay at this hotel was overly priced for what was offered.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Michelle B
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you for the candid feedback. We appreciate that you were willing to discuss your experience with our General Manager, and that you took his call after this review was posted. We care about each of our guests and it is our sincerest desire to serve you better, should you choose to stay with us again. We offer our sincere apologies that the stay wasn't as expected, and we thank you again for sharing your concerns.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were actually turned onto Oxford Suites by a CA tourist info employee--said she stayed there all the time and the service, value, cleanliness and space was perfect. We only needed a one night stay to break up our road trip and Well she was dead on for her recommendation!
We had never even heard of this entity before but from the minute we arrived, we were impressed.Travis readily answered all our questions, offered advice, directions; informed us of all the amenities the Suites offered ( breakfast & evening reception with drinks & salad/soup; pool; wifi; laundry facilities) PLUS he offered us a 10 % coupon to use at Cicada Cantina, a great Mexican restaurant just down the street ( walkable !).
The next day, upon leaving, Travis gave us accurate, concise directions to the Sundial Bridge and then to get on our way again from that point.
Service supreme !

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karen h
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. Comes with breakfast & evening reception with drinks & salad/snack. The service was great. Room was very clean. The pool area was nice & clean, always had towels. It has restaurants in walking distance. This was a great place to stay with family & friends. A lot of other things to do that are near by also.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Dan greeted and checked us in at the front desk. He was very personable and told us about all hotel amenities. Dan set the first great impression! Room was clean and quiet. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Complimentary beverage was much appreciated. Breakfast buffet was average. Overall: personable staff and good nights sleep made for a great stay

• Stayed: April 2014