“very nice Hotel rooms great comforable beds a friendly staff”

Oxford Suites Redding
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Anacortes, Washington
“very nice Hotel rooms great comforable beds a friendly staff”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Nice spacious room clean and confortable They even had a small snack type thing in the evening it was on the night we were there a salad and some rolls and you could get a drink it started at 530 in the evening. I have not run across that before and thought it was a nice thing. This hotel had a small store with snacks and a few other things to purchase. The breakfast was actually served like a cafeteria style with someone asking you what you want and serving you behind the counter. Not bad selections eggs pancakes sausage and then had some bread items.. There was actually enough seating which was great as well. Next door to Marie Callenders a treat if you want a nice dessert to take back to your room

Room Tip: Sometimes the noise from the pool was loud Maybe a room away from the pool if you want more quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank peterpanjaffray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was good rooms were nice. We had a small issue with pricing and what not. Talked to the "manager" its the first time I've ever seen a manager wearing the same clothes as the rest of the employees. Very unprofessional. She handled my issue fast without regard and again unprofessional almost like she didn't care. rude!!! Also the next morning when I was checking out there was a bigger man at the counter who was coughing everywhere it was so disgusting! After asking "what" 10 times because I couldn't hear him or understand his mumbling I was done. I've had it! For such a high amount of money you spend at this place you think it would be a bit more upscale and professional. I highly doubt ill return.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank cpwasingtonState
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your concerns. Our General Manager, Ryan Rydalch, would like to offer his sincerest apologies in person and would like more information about your stay. Can you please call him at your earliest convenience at 800-762-0133? We are truly sorry and do hope we'll have another opportunity to show you why we are so highly rated on TripAdvisor.
California
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I drove in to Redding on April 30. We didn't know the hotels in the area. We started making calls and we were impressed right away with the gentleman who answered the phone. He was courteous, friendly and helpful. We liked the decor of the hotel and our room was very comfortable. The price was right in our opinion and we were pleased with our stay. We would surely stay here again. Thank you Oxford Suites!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank L M
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I came to Redding for work this past month and stayed at the oxford suites. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location was absolutely perfect, its close to many great restaurants, a short drive to downtown, and the mall. A huge plus was that they share a parking lot with Marie Callender's. Those pot pies are my guilty pleasure! I was able to sneak over and have a quick bite to eat, without giving away my secret! I also really enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tub. They are salt water pools, so they don't irritate sensitive skin or dry out your hair. NExt time I'm in Redding I will be staying here, I love the old school keys, location, cleanliness, friendly staff, and all the great amenities that they offer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Claire I
Calabash, North Carolina
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The staff, my room, the atmosphere was really nice. I needed to check in early, so I called ahead and spoke with Sean. When I arrived all went well. The location is very convenient for restaurants and I love that they have dog friendly accommodations! The breakfast was good too! Also, I was there for a meeting and the meeting accommodations were really nice too!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Cindy H
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had a absolutely amazing stay at this hotel, I would definitely stay again. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. And the man at the front desk, Dan, was extremely helpful and sufficient at making sure we got what we needed. Great man.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Kierstinraeann
Fresno, California, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Check-in was easy and staff was efficient and friendly. Nice public areas and pool but rooms are a little dark and tired but spacious. If you open the front or back curtains you are exposed to the parking lot of everyone who walks by. A little claustrophobic. We thought we would have to change rooms because the plumbing noises coming from the next room were extremely loud. Only left was in front of the elevator. Fortunately a worker came out of the next room and said he had been changing valves--no more noise. Front desk should have checked or been aware.
Missed the evening happy hour but the breakfast was filling. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: I would choose third floor away from the front parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family