“Great second choice”

Oxford Suites Redding
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I usually stay at the Hampton Inn Redding when I visit the area for work. As I came into town on short notice I had to stay elsewhere. They referred me over to the Oxford and everything from when I walked in the door until I left the following day was great. Clean and comfortable rooms and a above average breakfast. Was too late when I arrived to check out the reception.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank MCtothe13
There are newer reviews for Oxford Suites Redding

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel because of its favorable rating, and was really disappointed. The staff was very nice. That's just about the only positive thing I can say. We tried two rooms, both were dirty, especially the carpets. One had peeling paint and wallpaper on the bathroom walls. Something smelled not right in the rooms and there was a mystery substance on the wall. We were given a full refund. But after a long day the last thing you want to do is drive around looking for another place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Well, I picked this place over a few others because Tripadvisor comments sounded OK and some of the other places had noise complaints. Well, maybe all the Redding hotels/motels used the same building contractors because you can hear everything that goes on in every room.....some of it very X rated. It was clean and the people at the front desk were fine. Breakfast was OK. Overall, I guess my review is - just pick any of the top 8 places on the list and they will all be the same. Don't expect too much.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Oxford Suites on Friday July 12. The room was very nice and super clean. The staff were as friendly as can be. We really enjoyed the reception- two complimentary beers for me and two glass of wine for my wife at poolside. The breakfast buffet was the best I've ever had in a motel package. I can't say enough good things. We'll be staying there again!

One suggestion: Make the entrance sign more noticeable. We drove right by it and had to do some backtracking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1989PR1
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I brought my family down on a short notice trip for some fun at Water Works Park. After i found Oxfords package deals we booked. Hotel staff was very helpful from checkin to checkout, even offered our family a shuttle ride to/from the park. Room was comfortable and breakfast was perfect. Will recommend to all traveling into Redding.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank fragileglass
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went to Redding on a fishing trip. The fishing guide told us about this hotel. He had a group stay there the week before. We did check them on Tripadvisor they seemed to be rated well. I called and made reservations, the gal did ask if we had ever been there before. I said no, but someone kind of referred them. We get a room...LUCKY for me only for 1 night. No where do they tell you that they are a Total Pet Friendly Hotel. No where does it state it on signs, no one said anything when we checked in.
We get into our room...I notice a smell and can not distinguish what it smells like, but felt it just needs the air conditioner on. We leave go for dinner, return...I take a nap..I wake up and in a full out allergy attack...I have not had one like that since I was a kid. I go to the front desk. The ladies can tell I'm in distress. I tell them that I think our room had cats or animals in it...she tells me that they are pet friendly. The room we had was on the first floor and was probably used the most by animals...I said I wondered why it was not carpeted. She moved us to another room and said this might be better. I said how Many rooms are Not Pet Friendly...she told me all the rooms are Pet Friendly....I'm that's crazy...you should have some rooms or floors that are not pet friendly...OR at least Warn People. They gave me allergy pills...that were right in the drawer, so know you know I'm not the only one. The next room was a little better, but then I had been downing these allergy pills...I'm surprised I didn't o.d. on them. We were leaving early morning and I thought I could last to them. Plus not sure where we could find a place it was close to 9 pm by that time. The smell in the first room, I believe was a pet deodorizer and flea powder. When I checked out, I mentioned to the fellow...He apologized...claims the first room we had was a Newly Remodeled...I know that was a lie...it didn't have carpet it's easier to clean than carpet if animals have accidents. He said that only a few rooms are Pet Friendly...I told him that the ladies (more than one) said ALL the rooms were...he said well, if someone sneaks in an animal they can not control that. I told him that if there was Pet Friendly and Non...then it should be noted on the doors, just like rooms are on Smoking and Non Smoking...their doors don't because it was a completely Pet Friendly. I would rather someone just apologize than try to lie out of it. At least the ladies were truthful and tried to rectify it. She placed me in a room that they felt had the least amount of animals in it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SFBayAreaFamily
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We are truly sorry an issue arose, and appreciate that you immediately contacted our team to find a solution. We do have a few specific rooms that are designed for maximum comfort & cleanliness for pet owners, such as offering non-carpeted flooring. In addition, we do our best to reserve rooms specifically not for pet use. Regardless of our intent, the end result is that you were not comfortable and for that, we offer our sincerest apology. Thank you, again, for commenting.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here for an extended stay for 2 months, decor very dated and rooms had a musty smell.
Carpet in my room needed a complete overhaul, don't think shampooing would clean it. Even though I was on the third floor, lots of noise and kids running in the hallways. Nothing really can be done about that, since it is a family oriented hotel and not strictly a business hotel. When I asked about the difference with the other wing with 4 floors, was informed by the desk staff, I should try asking for a room there on my next stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business