Oxford Suites Redding
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$95
Travelodge Redding CA(Redding)(Great Value!)
$91
Thunderbird Lodge(Redding)(Great Value!)
$75
$142
$129
Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites(Redding)(Great Value!)
$103
$136
$119
$108
BestWestern.com
$124
1,430 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree drinkssalad bardrink ticketssitting roomlight dinnerhot breakfastgreat place to staymorning breakfasthome away from homebethel churchgreat breakfastbagelsroad tripbeds were comfortablelong driveparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Using Tripadvisor reviews we booked at the Oxford Suites in Redding. The hotel itself is okay, and we would stay again but would probably try something else first.

Upon checking in, the front desk person was informative but not really welcoming. Plus, his vest really seemed like it needed to be laundered. There were cookies and apples at the desk for guest to take and enjoy.

The room was okay but dated. Again, we just expected newer from all the reviews. The room really seemed dark. We had a room on the back side of the hotel that should have been really quiet, but there were men talking outside of room for quite some time in the middle of the night. That really isn't the hotel's fault, but it was annoying.

The reception on the night we stayed was salad bar. It was good with tossed salad, macaroni salad, and rolls. The rolls were tough and dry. It would have been nice to have some sort of snacks. Plus, they give guests tickets for 2 drinks each. We have been to much better receptions. Plus, the room was so hot and stuffy. We opted for going outdoors and sat in an area near the pool.

Breakfast was included and it is sort of a cafeteria style. The morning we were there they fixed eggs (just okay), chicken fried steak (not something I can eat in the early morning - it was super salty), fired potatoes (just fair), English muffins, bread, pastry, yogurt and some fruit. Again, we have had much better, but we found enough we liked to get us a start.

The pool area is nice with a fair size pool and hot tub.

The hallways were a bit disappointing. They appeared old and did have an odor. We were afraid that the room might have the same problem, but it did not.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was passing through on Monday and experienced car issues. As I did not want to deal with the issue at the time i decided to grab a room for the night. Staff was very welcoming and got me set up in a basic queen bed room for the night. After grabbing some ribs next door at logans (amazing) I returned for the two free drinks offered with the room. This is what made the stay great! The bar area was full of guests watching the Monday night football game, enjoying each others company. Everything was comfortable and staff was great, the ladies at breakfast the next morning gave me a good laugh while "entertaining" my eggs.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor, some noise through out the night.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank wcoast009
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed here the other night with my family while driving from Southern California to Washington and we could not have been more disgusted if we slept under a freeway over pass. The whole building seemed out-dated and smelled very peculair. We will stay else where next time we travel through Redding, looked like there were plenty of other options in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed at Oxford Suites Redding many times. This location was always my first choice even though it was a little more expensive. I always appreciated the quiet room, cleanliness & the breakfast. But this summer I had a very different experience. The "happy hour" treats were not fresh and the breakfast was greasy & just didn't hold up to the normal quality. The real clincher was when I wanted to get a glass of water and EVERY class in the room was dirty. There were fingerprints, lipstick marks, perfume odors etc. The air conditioner was so loud I could not sleep and I got up with a roaring headache. It was not a good stay, plus it was much more in price than ever before. The desk person did not seem surprised at the dirty glasses but did apologize and gave me a very small concession.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I do not know why I can stay at a 100 year old B&B and it smells great but one night in any of the generic roadside hotels is unbearable. The minute I walked into our room I noticed the smell. Is it the cleaning solutions,the carpets, the fact that our window didn't open or left over people and food smells? The beds were fine, the two free beers a nice touch and the desk person friendly. The pool area is not pretty but children seemed to enjoy it. Breakfast was not great, even though it is included. The hallways and elevators are worn. Even a night on the drive south is not going to work anymore. Please, where are some decent B&Bs, inns , or boutique hotels. There must be others like me.

Room Tip: Get a room where the window opens. All rooms have bad views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for choosing Oxford Suites. We are a three diamond hotel, offering services and complimentary amenities that have established us as the hotel of choice in Redding. We are truly sorry that we did not meet your needs. Thank you for taking the time to share your views.