“We would stay here again!”

Oxford Suites Redding
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Bend, Oregon
“We would stay here again!”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stopped here on our way to Oregon from Anaheim. This was a last minute stop as we were too tired to drive anymore. i researched a few hotels on my phone and decided on the Oxford. i called and they had a room. A King Mini Suite. One King bed and a separate room with a pull out sofa for our daughter. There were also two TV's. Our daughter was stoked to have her own TV my her bed. The room was very nice and i liked the "pump" soap, shampoos, etc that they use. I read some comments about the hotel smelling like smoke. Our room did not and the day we arrived they turned the entire hotel into a smoke free place so that's nice!

When we arrived we were greeted by very nice staff and they gave us two drink tickets to redeem in the bar. Two free beer or wine or soda, juice, etc for each person in our family. WOW! The breakfast the next day was also very good. Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes, and some fruit and bread items.

There was a also an outdoor heated pool but we didn't have time to swim in it but other families were in there. :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Melanie S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Penn Valley, California
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Ended up in a smoking queen suite room (we had booked non-smoking king suites). Smoking allowed in some rooms but not outside in patio/pool area. Main elevator broken down while we were there. The hotel definitely needs a major facelift. Staff very pleasant but we were disappointed over the poor quality of the facility. Received refund via Expedia when we made a complaint.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a non-smoking room away from the front (Hilltop Drive)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Phil R
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment and we truly apologize that we suffered mechanical difficulties during your stay. In addition, we will review our procedures for assigning non-smoking rooms, and are sorry that we were unable to place you in the room type you requested. We offer very competitive rates when booked directly with the hotel. You might want to consider visiting our website or giving us a call prior to booking with a 3rd party. In the future, we hope to have another chance to show you why we are so highly rated on TripAdvisor. Thanks again for your feedback.
Vallejo, California
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My husband & I stayed here on our way to Washington. Room was GREAT, very comfortable & clean. You receive two drinks & snacks in the hotel lounge plus breakfast buffet. We had a king suite & got a sweet price on the hotels website! Right next door is Logan's Roadhouse where we had a great t-bone steak dinner & received 10% off the bill because we were staying at the Oxford! Will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bob H
San Rafael, California
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My family spent a wonderful evening in November 3, 2011 at Oxford Suites in Redding.
The room was very clealn, comfortable, spacious, with a beautifl pool and hot tub available.
Fresh baked cookies were in the lobby, along with delicious apples available for snacks. Later in the day, drinks and a light menu were offered to guests.
Morning also brought a complementary breakfast of eggs, sausage, grits, frenchtoast, english muffins and other breads available. When I returned home, I noticed I had forgotten to check a drawer which held my jewelry and a few other items. I called the hotel and they searched my room and sent it UPS to me. I value their honesty and quick response.
Thank you Oxford Staff. You are all so appreciated. You're the Best! Dixie

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dixie J
Redding, California
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Had the pleasure last night of an open house event here in Redding. Sarah Parrish & Chris Aguirre were our awsome hosts for the evening. They made sure we had a lovely time and learned about the services and accomodations at this hotel. I will highly reccommend this experience to my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lynn M
Seattle, WA
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stopped at Oxford to layover while driving from Seattle to San Francisco. The rooms were very clean, not extremely large but certainly good size. The internet worked well. I was able to stream a movie from Netflix with no problem.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
We had our two Westies with us so we needed a place that would take dogs. The cost is a bit high ($25 per dog), especially when you consider your dogs are absolutely no problem whatsoever. But at least they let you bring the dogs in which is very nice.
Having driven all day we were looking forward to a good meal without getting back in the car. Luckily there was a restaurant right next door to the hotel,(Logans Roadside Diner I believe.)
A good meal, a margarita and back to the Oxford for a good nights rest.
We were told the breakfast was really good, so had our hopes up. A bit disappointed to find scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes only as hot choices. Also, english muffins and juice. It is included in cost of the room however, so it's not a bad deal. And food was not bad.
Yes, we will defintely stop at this hotel the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank got2go
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed two nights in a queen pool view executive suite. The room clean, bed was extremely comfortable with nice linens and tons of pillows. Having a microwave and refrigerator was very convenient and the sitting area had pocket doors that could be closed if necessary. Two TV's, with a flat screen in the bedroom and a DVR. The updated room was painted in a rich yellow gold color and was furnished beautifully. Very warm and welcoming. The granite sink counter was also very nice. The shower was just average, but good water pressure and clean towels, that's all we really cared about. The heater/AC worked very well. The free WiFi is not on a secured hotel server, it is an open hot spot, so beware and don't do any banking online or make any credit card purchases.

The hot breakfast was great, however not sure if the scrambled eggs were the powered ones or not. Hope not. Lots of choices. Would have preferred fresh cooked omelets or eggs cooked to order. That probably will never happen, due to the feeding frenzy that happens after the first half hour when they open for service.

The evening reception was much more than expected. First night they served tortillas that you could fill with beans, shredded chicken, and ground beef. They provided several different condiments to add and served a green garden salad all buffet style. This was not an appetizer, it was a dinner. The second night was bleak, I only found chicken nuggets and another green garden salad. Again, not appetizers, but another dinner. So no complaints here.

The bar area was nice but we decided to sit on the patio. The guy behind the bar did not want to take my drink tickets the second night because "apparently the tickets are dated" and I used the second night's tickets on the first night. He said he was the Bar Manager and was not so pleasant when I told him to lighten up since it was obvious I used the wrong tickets the night before. I told him it was a simple mistake that the girl behind the bar on the first night did not check the ticket dates and I overlooked the fact that the tickets had dates. He mad me feel like I was being scolded and he was going to punish me for doing the wrong thing and told me that I had to use the correct tickets. He was very stubborn and rigid but eventually did allow me to use my tickets only because I would not let it go! Very poor attitude and poor customer service on his part. So be sure to check your drink tickets and use the correct ones!

Other than that, it was extremely refreshing how helpful and wonderful the entire staff was. I will definitely return and actually have just planned another Oxford Inn stay in Pismo Beach for another couple of days. I love this Inn and highly recommend it. With the AAA/AARP discount, the hot breakfast, dinner and drinks, you can't beat it! And if you are lucky, you may also get an additional promotional discount. You could find nicer rooms in nicer locations, but you would also pay a lot more. This place is perfect and fits our budget.

Room Tip: Go for a larger room, the executive suite with a pool view on a lower level near an exit. Makes it...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank SaVaGeKity
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thanks for sharing your overall pleasant experience . We appreciate your feedback and will follow up with our staff on the few issues that did arise. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to serving you in Pismo Beach!