“good for one night”

Oxford Suites Redding
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed October 9, 2011

the hotel is fine for a night. still have those old-fashioned television and internet was not working. the carpet should be changed. shower very good and the breakfast is acceptable. very low room price

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Massimo B

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Great room and we had a distant view of Mount Shasta.
Breakfast was excellent and there was a different choice every day. The serving staff were lovely.
Only issue was that we had pre-paid (and all the other hotels we have stayed at just wave us on at check out) and had presented the voucher from our Travel Agent at check in. At checkout they had lost the voucher and originally insisted we had to pay. We had to wait some time while they checked their system and their paperwork. Neither showed we had paid. I was not prepared to leave without them confirming my payment had been received as I did not want to return to the UK with a credit card bill from this hotel. Eventually they rang the person who had checked us in and they verified that we handed the voucher to them. This was a little stressful and time wasting.
We think we left a remote switch for a Nikon camera there but have not been able to contact them by telephone.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back away from the main road
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We have stayed at Oxford Suites on multiple occasions. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a decent amount of room in the suite and things are well kept and clean.

The breakfast each morning is a great value because it is hot and varies some from day to day. For the price, this place is the best value we have found in Redding.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The front desk staff members were considerate and helpful and very hospitable. We missed the evening munchies, but enjoyed a great freshly cooked breakfast. Our room was clean and well appointed. I even left an item of clothing and returned for it...and found the staff had it all ready for me and on a hanger! Wow! I've stayed there in the past during convention, and if I find myself staying in Redding again, I'll certainly choose Oxford Suites. Thank you all!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Debideer
Reviewed August 14, 2011

If this is the second best hotel in Redding, I sense a business opportunity. We paid $130 to stay here and found a run-down room with an extremely liberal definition of the word "suite." The bathroom smelled overwhelmingly of urine and the mattress was one of the worst I've ever slept on. Upon first walking into the room, my 4-year old started wailing, "I want to go home!" We should have listened to her.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank gonzoct
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment and we apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Would you be willing to call our General Manager, Ryan Rydalch at 800.762.0133, to allow us to convey our apologies personally? We would like the opportunity to learn the specifics of your stay as what you describe is not typical of a standard Oxford Suites stay, and we want to make certain it does not happen in the future. We appreciate any assistance you would be willing to provide and again, we thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Although they weren't able to immediately locate on their computer our reservation, which we had made a few weeks ago online, they were able to find it in a three-ring binder in hard copy!

We were fortunate to be upgraded to an Executibve Queen Suite on the third floor. The room was much brighter than the first-floor suites, which are surrounded by tall, dark shrubbery, perhaps for security reasons.

The room was clean and well-appointed. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic, reminded me of Kramer's Commando 1000 on Seinfeld ;-)

Their evening hospitality drinks and munchies were well appreciated. Our only regret was that we were passing through Redding on our way to Southern California, and were only able to stay one night.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OregonCoast44
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed 2 nights all was well. Room was fair-sized and clean. Amenities were average for the price. I appreciated the complementary breakfast, the friendly staff and the bed was super comfortable with lots of pillows. I have to say that the place was crammed full of kids on the days I stayed, but I never heard a sound during the night. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The pool area is very noisy - the best rooms are on the front of the building - third floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business