“Helpful and Friendly Staff”

Oxford Suites Redding
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, up for business from the Bay Area. I found the staff of the hotel to be extremely friendly and willing to take extra time to help me in learning the area. The breakfast and "reception" (more like dinner) was great. The room size was good, the bed comfy, and the shower was pretty good. One thing that was a drawback for me was the tip basket out at breakfast. I felt that it sent an unnecessary message to the guests. Most who know where to place their used trays and plates bussed their own tables. The tip was for the person behind the counter who scooped the eggs? Isn't that included with the rate? Maybe if there was an offer to make eggs to order, but not for a quick buffet line.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Oxford Suites Redding

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Stayed a few weeks on business. Having enjoyed staying for an extended period at Oxford Suites Chico I was looking forward to my stay at this property. It has been updated/renovated but doesnt look as polished as the Chico Oxford.

My room was clean each week, but now cleaned beyond what I consider average housekeeping. My bed had garbage peeking out from the bed skirt, mold in the shower, filthy toilet paper dispenser.

I find this hotel a little odd. I know Oxford is a chain, but this location misses the mark for trying to compete with a Homewood Suites or even a Hampton Inn (which is across the way). This Oxford uses the "old school" key cards which I have not seen in years. The breakfast hostess informed us we "could not" take food to go, which made us unable to take advantage of the free breakfast. On multiple nights I waited in line for over ten minutes waiting for my "drink tickets" for their happy hour. They do not give you the breakfast/drink vouchers for your whole stay like every other hotel I have visited, they make you come back to the desk daily. It may not bother some people but I found it annoying. Especially because they were extremely busy during my stays and the employees dont make it quick.

This is a decent hotel, but nothing I would rave about. If you travel often or you have visited the Oxford in Chico or you are expecting a Homewood Suites type experience, you are going to be dissapointed.

If you do decide to stay at this hotel and the hotel is busy ask for the top floor. My rooms I had on the 1st floor were extremely noisey. The 4th floor was nice and quiet.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank RevJoenathan
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations and we will follow up with our staff regarding the specifics you cited. Would you be willing to contact our General Manager, Ryan Rydalch, to discuss further? He can be reached at 800.762.0133 and would like to extended our apologies personally. Hopefully, in the future, we will have the opportunity to prove to you why we are highly rated. Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stopped for one night on our I-5 road trip. Located right off the freeway. They serve a nice appetizer and drink reception in the evening. Perfect to tide the kids over while swimming in the heated pool. Room was spacious enough for 4 of us. My only complaint is that breakfast stops being served at 9:00. Couldn't get the family ip and moving early enough to catch it. An extra half hour there would have helped.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I read the other reviews and really wanted to save money by staying at cheaper hotel. However this hotel was close to my conference & I had a youth with me whom I wanted to be near me for safety & near a pool. We arrived at this hotel at 1am. The receptionist was friendly & got us a room quickly. Room was right off the elevator and near the ice machine-not too happy about that, but it turned out to be just fine. Noise was minimal; however the swimming pool was just below, which created a lot of noise 2 of 4 nights. But stopped around 9pm. The rooms were spacious, beds were comfortable, with two separate areas. No door between rooms & the sink is in the hallway outside of bathroom. Which means you may awaken any guests. Bathroom is spacious with toilet & tub shower. Water pressure on 3rd floor was briefly interrupted during the shower-temperature went warmish, but nothing major. One great financial benefit of this hotel is their breakfast-hot and changes everyday & the evening reception was enough of a "light" dinner! But you have to get there early, because it appears to be a first come, first serve type of thing. They also had cookies & fruit on the lobby counter all day. Work out room had a variety of equipment, working tvs', a water fountain & towels-no cups. Overall, this hotel was a great deal for the price, family friendly, courteous staff and near attractions & mall, Trader Joes etc. Would definitely recommend and will be returning for future conferences!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at the Oxford Suites Redding for one night on our way to Seattle, WA. It was the first time we took our 2 1/2 years old in a road trip and we were looking for a place to rest after 10 hours of driving from LA. This place was an excellent choice, even my husband congratulated me after staying here. The room was spacious, clean and the breakfast in the morning was perfect for us, from cereal to waffles and eggs, juices and coffee.We even used the pool in the morning before we left because my son wanted to swim really bad.

My only complain is that the walls are a little bit thin, then you can hear people walking and talking on the floor late at nigh and very early in the morning. I will stay there again in my next road trip, but I will ask for a room on the last floor to avoid noise.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank spanish2teacher
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My family and I stayed here two nights. The first night we arrived very late, I called earlier in the day to confirm we were still coming and make sure we had a room when we arrived. I was told we had been confirmed for late arrival. Upon arriving around 10:45 p.m. we were checked in and went to our room. They must have given us the last room they had because it was in back building on the top floor. Luckily they do have an elevator. Unfortunately the room was not to my standards. The carpets looked dirty, the bathroom was disgusting, wall paper peeling off the walls, mold around the top and bottom of the tub. Worst of all it smelled like the toilet had run over and been mopped up but never aired out. The whole bathroom spelled rotten. Since it was late and the kids were tired we decided to wait until morning to try to change rooms. The next morning I went to the front desk and asked to change rooms. I explained what the problem was, the gentleman at the front desk said he was sorry and said he could give me another room if I can back after 3:00 p.m. when the maids were done cleaning. We came back in the late afternoon and were given a new room on the second floor. This room was better, nice sitting room for the kids with a t.v., microwave and refrigerator etc. Two queens beds were very comfortable and I did get a good nights sleep. Pool was small but open till 10:00 p.m.my daughters loved that. Hotel overall is in need up updating, bathrooms especially, even in the second room there was mold at top of top and wall paper was starting to peel away from the walls. But thank goodness it did not have any bad smell. I'm not sure I would stay here again, unless I could not find a room.

Room Tip: Check in early to get a good room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We truly apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations and we would like to convey our sentiments directly to you. Would you consider calling our General Manager, Ryan Rydalch, at 800.762.0133 at your convenience? Again, thank you for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

The hotel is very dog friendly, and they have Pergo-floored rooms for travellers with dogs (accidents happen...). The only complaint I have is that the breakfast room is way too small for when the hotel is busy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple