“Non Positive”

Ramada Limited Redding
Ranked #26 of 36 Hotels in Redding

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Weed, California, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I travel frequently with work and with our high school sports team. I know that there will be some issues from 5 stars down to 1 start hotels. Customer service just isn't what it use to be. HOWEVER, this is the worse, most disgusting hotel I have EVER stayed in. We reserved six rooms, arriving late (10:30 p.m.) after a day of softball none of us had the energy to inspect our rooms thoroughly! BIG MISTAKE! As most of us do, I pulled back my sheets to inspect them, they seemed ok for being so late. I went into the bathroom to find a urine soaked towel hanging in the bathroom, I threw it on the floor. Oh well, it is late! My phone rang shortly after 11 p.m., some of our players had filthy sheets (see pictures below) I told them to call down and request clean sheets.
At 6:30 a.m. I had just showered and dressed, when my door open and a hotel staff person walked into the room (not introducing herself) walked to one of the beds and pulled the sheets off and started inspecting the mattress. Umm what the heck is going on was my thought. One of the other moms came in and said their room was INFESTED with bed bugs. When I say INFESTED I mean infested to the point you could physically see them crawling and see blood trails where they had been smashed on their sheets. If you do not know what a bed bug looks like they are not much bigger than a period (.) most of the time. These were actually full grown, fully filled with blood bugs. UGGGGG!

My room itself had mold on the inside of the window, the carpet was filthy, there was coffee still in the pot, and the surfaces were filthy. One of the players rooms had old food in the refridgerator and garbage in the trash cans (also had bed bugs).

The room that had the badly soiled sheets had mold in the shower.

Three of our six rooms had bed bugs!

The hotel person that came into the rooms, never explained, never apologized, and didn't seem bothered! She DID seem OVERWHELMED! We had six rooms and were not leaving without all our players bags secured in plastic bags before they were put into our cars. She never once offered to refund our money, until we requested and then she only refunded three of the rooms, because the other rooms didn't appear to have bed bugs. So I guess extreme filth does not qualify as poor management and seem necessary to refund. I ASSURE you as a traveler, I am willing to put up with a small amount of missed items. However, the pure filth and extreme infestation of this hotel is prompting me to contact the Redding Health Department and whoever, is in charge of the RAMADA Limited.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Angel B
Weed, California, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My girls stayed here with their team for a softball tournament last night (March 15, 2013). They got in late and pretty much just crashed, along with all of their exhausted chaperones after a long day playing ball. Early the next morning, while getting ready for day 2 of the tournament, one of the chaperones noticed bed bugs in her bed. After further inspection, bed bugs were found (the living, crawling variety) in THREE of the SIX rooms. Two other rooms were found to be EXTREMELY filthy in the light of day, including mold growing in window sills, stained/dirty sheets that looked suspiciously like body fluids, towels that were wrinkled and also suspiciously stained, and filthy carpeting that was allegedly "new" and "very recently cleaned". With five of six rooms found to be unacceptably disgusting, staff were still extremely rude and less than helpful. Refunds were only offered for three of the rooms, so half of us have to go up the corporate chain and fight for our money back. This was supposed to be a fun weekend full of softball and great weather, and now we have all returned home with belongings wrapped in trash bags to do endless loads of laundry and research on how to prevent letting creepy, nasty little pests into our homes. My research shows that eliminating a bed bug infestation can eventually cost up to $10,000 because once they're in your house, you have to have the professionals come in and get rid of them. You'd think the refund would be a simple solution, but apparently the Ramada is willing to risk a large lawsuit that could cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars if each member of a softball team eventually had to have their homes fumigated. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!! Spend more money if you have to...DON'T STAY HERE!!!