“Bed Bugs!!!”

Ramada Limited Redding
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Bed Bugs do NOT stay here!!!! The condition of the property makes it clear there is a ownership/management problem at this property. One person on duty which means you are on your own. I saw water coming from a hole in the elevator room on the second floor. The cereal dispenser at breakfast was broken and the hole taped shut but was still put out. The orange juice was pure water and you could not make a waffle because the last 5 waffles were still on the griddle...clerk sitting at front desk watching this but doing nothing...no milk either...not good!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Greg K

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We came in from out of state to attend a wedding, having made our reservations a couple months in advance. We arrived at 5:00 pm...the check in was uneventful, but not particularly friendly. I had asked if we could have a room on the same floor as the rest of our family and was told it would be too much work as rooms were assigned and they were expecting to be full. Upon getting to our room we realize the crib we requested is not in the room and there is no shower curtain, so we call the front desk and let them know. We give permission for them to enter our room as we need to leave for the rehearsal dinner. Upon returning we find the crib, but no shower curtain. Deciding to deal with the shower curtain later, we start to make the crib and find the crib bedding is covered in wads of hair! Calling the front desk we were informed to bring the bedding down and it would be exchanged and we were told the shower curtain "must not have been a priority" but there was one at the front desk for us. We went to the desk and received the clean bedding and were then told we would have to put the shower curtain up ourselves, that it was easy (it was, however this is not a guest responsibility), as they did not have the staff to do it. The tub and sink were dirty; the cover on the toilet tank had not been dusted/washed for awhile as there was quite a buildup of dust. The breakfast was disappointing, we had to go find an employee to refill the items before we could even start to eat! With having been told they were "full" I would have thought they would have scheduled staffing to accommodate the need. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room (apparently some have them and some don't), there was one packet of coffee; but the styrofoam cups had old, dried orange pith between them! This was a terrible experience overall and I would not recommend this establishment to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I know this hotel is a little bit older, but that's no excuse to have food(peanuts, almonds, candy) and garbage on the elevator floor. I noticed it there when we first checked in around 9:30 and it was still there when we came down for breakfast...and checkout at noon. Totally unacceptable, simple fix, just vacuum the elevator!!! The night staff was less than impressive, very short when she checked us in, and did NOT ask or even mention the fact that they were going to run my card for a $50.00 authorization hold, its never okay to run someone's card even for an auth, without telling them, good way to really make somebody mad, its asking for a bad review and overall experience. The jets and heater in the hot tub were broken, definitely disappointing, but the pool was completely filthy and unusable. There was a layer of filth/film/popping bubbles and nastiness on top of it, and floating in the middle of all that was a big, nasty cockroach. When I brought it to the attention of the desk clerk she scoffed at me, said I was mistaken, even after I showed her the pics took on my phone, then informed me the pool guy was on the way and would be fixing it all any minute. Three and a half hours later we checked out, pool still filthy, cockroach still floating in it. The room was very clean and spacious, staff overall very friendly but grounds definitely need updating, and pool area definitely needs cleaning.

Room Tip: Pets only on the 2nd floor so if you want to avoid possible encounters with dander, pet hair, or fle...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2012

They should have separate non/pet rooms for people without pets who rather not be bit by them. I must have 10-15 bites. Pool not running properly, uncomfortably warm water and filters, jets and pumps are not running (only heater) so the water is pretty scummy. Other than that its a nice place. We will be spending our last night at Hampton so kids can swim without worry of "cheap motel issues".

Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Hotel was nice and clean! The pool and jacuzzi were open late, which was really nice after being in the car all day.
The hotel was pet friendly and our kitty really enjoyed exploring the room.
I had trouble operating the waffle machine but another guest helped me out. Pretty basic breakfast, waffle, pastries, cereals, etc....
On the way down to breakfast the elevator got stuck for a minute. No ones fault, but was a tad bit scary.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Baller123, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Limited Redding, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Beginning in May we started utilizing new policies and procedures to better serve our guests. Ownership decided that your too important to us and that the Ramada property was too nice and the location to central to not begin a new process to manage the property more effectively. We're putting our time, talent, monies and energies into the property. We're retraining our staff to be serve you, the guests better.
The guest that wrote this review, titled their response, "Pretty Good Hotel!" We are wanting to be better and our promise is that we will work hard to make your stay here, one of the best. So, we're DRAWING A LINE IN THE SAND, and apologizing for not doing our best in the past - Promising to make your stay with us the best we can and hopefully the most relaxing and pleasant stays on your trip. let us know how were doing when your stay with us. Thanks!

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I booked a room for an employee that was traveling. I asked that a credit card authorization be faxed so I could set it up. 4 calls later, nothing received and the front desk had the bawls to tell me to get my fax set up right. The next day, speaking to the manager, their fax. "oops, we plugged it in wrong"... My employee checks in and the first room is dirty, soiled sheets. the second room is a bit better, but my employee refused to stay their again. I called to cancel the remainder of the reservation. the manager (Marrybeth) picks up, a few words were exchanged and she asks to put me on hold. "Sure". She proceeds to put the phone down, I could hear her interaction with a guest, then another person, then joking with what I assume was another staff member. Hung up called again, and "sorry, we are busy". "its that time of year, were swamped"... (insert another few excuses for providing poor service)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I am local resident to Redding, CA and whenever I have relatives over I know where to take them. Every couple of months my family comes down to visit us and they stay at the Ramada and love it. They are great they give us a special discount because my family stays there so often. I also stayed at the Ramada last month when my house was under construction and loved it they made me feel like I was at home. THey where also getting new carpet and wallpaper when i was there so that a plus. Just a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family