“Check this place out!”

Priya Indian Cuisine
Ranked #53 of 315 Restaurants in Redding
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Arriving late into town many places were closed, we had low expectations and wow did this place delight us. The food is mostly S. Indian but the spices are distinct and the food fresh. The place is clean the atmosphere is not grand but the food was certainly a great surprise. I'd go back now. The service was good and the prices quite fair. I wish this was in my home town. Redding has a large East Indian population we later learned. Try this place it has lots of seats and evidence of a lunch buffet you could try lots of things.

1  Thank 4oystercatcher

Reviewed February 17, 2014

One of the best Indian buffets I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. Priya also serves reasonable priced entrees. Every item was cooked to perfection. The curry dishes, lentils, lamb, tandoori chicken and nann ranked with dishes at expensive Indian restaurants Newport Beach. The owner pours a full glass of Kenwood wine for $5! Give Priya Indian Cuisine a try for great reasonably priced Indian food in a nicely appointed clean restaurant. I truly wish them success, for I will eat at Priya every time I am in Redding. A memorable meal and good value.
Michael & Su Shea

Reviewed January 4, 2014

If you want good indian food, I highly recommend this place. Food tasted good, the place was clean, the bathrooms were clean.

The staff were very passive. They were just going through the motions. they mostly seemed like they didnt want to be there. If ever they change their ways (welcome people, smile...basic stuff) I would give them five stars.

1  Thank TracyFamilyGuy
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here after a long day of flying from the east coast. We arrived just 15 minutes before their afternoon closing time of 3:00. Even though they were close to closing the food on the buffet was plentiful and delicious. The staff (owners?) were gracious and accommodating. Highy recommend!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I picked the restaurant out of the phone book, and despite forgetting to take the address with me, I found it. Although I love curry, I can not eat very hot food and they prepared it exactly to my needs. One of the criteria I use to judge Indian restaurants is their naan. Priya gets four and half stars base on that system. The service was adequate with the restaurant 1/4 full. I definitely would go there again if I found myself in Redding for dinner.