“super 8 redding south”

Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed February 20, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 12, 2014

It's a quiet motel, people are all very helpful, the rooms are very clean and the beds comfortable. I did a lot of motels during a long trip in California, and this is the only one who really deserves a positive comment!
I really recommend!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Carole And Laur... N
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had just come off 9 hours on the road and were looking for a clean place to catch some sleep. I have stayed in numerous Super 8, Days Inn etc type hotels and knew what I should be getting for my money. My expectations were not very high, but I didn't expect it to be bad. First off, when I booked my reservation, I had booked a Queen Bed, but when I arrived an hour later, they were out of Queen bedrooms. No big deal, but the clerk, who was polite, made a big point of telling me they weren't going to charge me for 2 double beds. Huh ,why would the charge me extra when they sold out of the room that I had a reservation for? But it wasn't a big deal. Next the clerk lets me know their key card reader is not working, so he would have to walk us up and let us the room. If we wanted to leave the room we would need to come get the clerk to let us back in. Again, not a huge deal, but just a little something else that wasn't going right. Next we get to the non-smoking room, and it smelled like someone had been smoking. At this point I was too tired to really say anything. We go to sleep, in separate beds, there are hairs on 2 of the 4 pillows in the room. My girlfriend was not happy at all. We switched pillows and fell asleep. Next, the alarm clock always crackled hummed all night long. Or at least until we unplugged it. The breakfast was bad. The oranges were soft and soggy. The coffee bland, the orange juice pretty gnarly, if you can even call it orange juice. They even have the nerve to put up a sign that asks you to only take one of the cinnamon rolls. I didn't have one, but maybe they were the only good thing there and possibly that is why people were taking more than one? Just a few other small things, the floors were kind of dirty, the pool (it was winter time and I didn't expect it to be open) was dirty and unkept. Overall this hotel needs a good cleaning and some general up keep in order for this hotel. To be fair here are some good things about the hotel. The clerk was friendly and definitely was trying to do his best under the circumstances. The maid staff smiled and said good morning. The room size is decent and the beds were actually pretty comfortable. There is a super funny sign in the the room stating that since so many people like the towels and linens they are for sale. If the room happens to be short a wash cloth it will only cost you $4.99 and a threadbare towel is only $14.99. Pretty funny stuff, at least they have sense of humor. And this is right of the I-5 so easy access. If I stayed here again, I would expect it to cost no more than $39.95, about 1/2 of what is ran on 1/4/2014. I haven't stayed anywhere else in the Redding area, but for $80, I would have expected cleaner, and a better breakfast.

Room Tip: Room we had facing the parking lot was actually pretty quite.