“Great Experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Napa, CA
“Great Experience”
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Everything was exactly what we wanted. Good service and a clean room. We picked this hotel because of its location. It is one of the many hotels along Hilltop dr that are perfect to stay at to catch the Kool April Nites cruise night. We just walked out of our room to the front of the hotel and there were the cars. Didn't have to hassle with traffic. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was very good. Service was excellent and the food was great. It was better than Black Bear Diner and Lumberjacks.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
sutter creek, ca
Reviewed March 30, 2009

The staff went out of their way to make sure we had the room we requested. We needed a rollaway bed and it was there before we even got to your room. The room was fairly quiet and had a nice balcony. Everything was very clean. The bottom of my socks stayed white after walking on the carpet. The location is perfect for getting to any of the freeways and there are several restaurants across the street. The Shasta Mall is just down the street. Local calls are free. They do allow dogs - there was one in the room next door that barked a few times.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 19, 2009

This review encompasses two single night stays 2 weeks from each other. Each night was a overnight stay while driving somewhere else. I have stayed at this location half a dozen time before and I was extremely disappointed with this stay.

I booked online and was swayed by the advertising of free in room wifi and my past expirences at this location. The web only price was a good value. When we arrived we got checked in quickly. We went to our room and unpacked for the night. At that time we tried to access the wifi...with no luck at all. We called to the reception area and asked what might be the problem. We were told that they would have maintenence reset the wifi, so we went out for our evening meal...upon our return 1.5 hours later still no access to wifi. Again we were told that maintenece was working on the wifi. We showered and were in our PJ's and STILL no wifi! Another call to the reception area and we were told perhaps it was the location of our room and that wifi reception in the lobby was the best. I informed the reception area I was not going out to the lobby in my PJ's and that I wanted a room change to have better access to wifi. They were not able to accomodate our request. We did not have wifi on that visit. The next morning I talked to the manager and she stated that the wifi was very poor and needed to be upgraded. She offered a free room upgrade on our return in 2 weeks.

Fast forward 2 weeks, we arrived at the location once more and they could not find our upgrade that was put into the computer on the last visit. I had the reception staff call the manager and after 45 minutes I was given the upgrade as promised. The wifi worked well in the upgraded room.

Besides the wifi problem, this is an somewhat outdated looking motel where the beds are not the greatest, but for an overnight will do. The room was clean and there was no visible signs of excessive wear in the room.

Afer the terrible customer service I will not be staying here again after several years of patronage.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
sacramento
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Even though I had to pay over 150.00 dollars for my room the experience couldn't have been better. I ate in the little cafe off of the lobby and had a great ribeye. The server was very cordial and the cook (gary) came out and chatted with us after we had finished dinner. Very nice young man. Our room was very comfortable and clean and the entire staff from the front desk, who were very helpful, to the cafe, to the lounge, where we had a very nice time and some great manhattans made by Carole made our stay very special. If you want to really enjoy yourself stay at the Red lion and enjoy all they have to offer.

• Liked — the service and the food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank yennyeff
California
Reviewed August 2, 2008

We booked the Red Lion's last available room a few days ago for a one night stay. The room was awful - extremely musty, mildewy smell and huge cobwebs on the ceilings. The room was on the first floor with a view of the pool. Unfortunately, hotel guests up until 2 am talked outside on their patio next to our room and kept us up. The room cost $178 for the one night (a weeknight). A homeless person ate in the restaurant while we were there. This place is a mess.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — mildewy, moldy smelling room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
ca
Reviewed April 28, 2008

When I pay $124 for a room, I'm sorry, but I expect a working remote, a working door handle (ours pulled off and we were stuck in our room), and a toilet that doesn't randomly run 12 times during the night!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — getting stuck in my room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, Ca
Reviewed March 11, 2008

I would have never visited Redding in my life, but I was here because of business and office manager was kind enough to take care of booking rooms. I gave her a list of hotels in redding that offered wi-fi and this one was, I guess, the cheapest.

Check-in went smoothly except the guy (I think was name Russell) was on the phone while I was checking in. He could've easily put me on hold, but whatever.

The hotel is comprised of different wings and I was stuck in the farthest wing from the lobby, Room 272. Right when I got in, the heating unit was blasting the hottest most uncomfortable air ever! It felt like a sauna. I lowered the temperature, but after a few minutes, it was clearly broken. Maintenance came and fixed it, but clearly this wasn't the best AC/heating unit. I had it set at 40 degrees, but it still felt like just air blasting in your car without the AC.

The room was alright. Bath and Body products in the bathroom. The doors and outside hallways looked dated and my toilet seat was chipped like in the pictures provided here. The wi-fi signal was great. The room has a sliding door window which leads to your own private patio with a great view of a concrete courtyard! My patio table even came with used cigarette butts.

Red Lion is a okay-not great hotel. Would rather have stayed at the Holiday Inn next door. The location is good though, right in the middle of every damn shopping center that Redding has to offfer.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business