“Red Lion Hotel Walk-In”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Redding
“Red Lion Hotel Walk-In”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The hotel is on a main street with several other hotels. I was able to get a ground floor room, with a sliding door for easy entry, which was nice. We had previously stayed there with our dog, and enjoyed a good breakfast. The bed was very good, and I got an upgrade to a king (which I didn't need at all) because I'm a member of their R&R club. I was supposed to given bottled water on arrival, but was not. The service was lousy, from the front desk, to the bar. The man in front of me paid quite a bit less for his room, even though it was obvious he walked in off the street too. The woman quoted me a higher rate, and said it was their lowest rate, which was a total lie. The wi-fi did not work, the air conditioning did not work, so the room was hot all night. My cell phone wouldn't work anywhere in the building, and barely worked if I walked clear across the parking lot. I waited about 30-40 minutes for a sandwich, when there were only 3 other people in the bar, and they all had food. The waitress was rude, and also spent at least 15 minutes discussing various beer and beverage options with some people who came in after me, even though my food was ready, and sitting in the kitchen. I went there for a good breakfast, but turned out it was not included in my rate. i will never stay at this hotel again. It was a complete disappointment, and not a good deal for the price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Ckorol, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
I am writing to thank you for bringing your concern with our service to our attention. I understand how upsetting it can be to have a long wait for service. I assure you our staff did their very best to accommodate all of our guests, unfortunately we failed to deliver our usually impeccable service. For this I apologize.

Our consistent goals of cleanliness, food quality, security and friendly service require diligent attention to feedback from our guests. We have already addressed our challenges with the service you received and possible solutions to enhancing the guest experience in these situations. Your added input has been additionally helpful.

Thank you for your correspondence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Silver Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Everything was excellent. Security alerted to not allow anyone be let in even if it looked like they needed to enter thru other doors, if they were guests they either had a key or come thru front entrance.
Room service maid was great and friendly, I had staff member help me with my suitcase.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RedLion_Redding, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this review, February 12, 2015
So glad to hear that you felt safe and secure. Many a businessman and women stay here for just that reason. We're so happy to be able to serve you well.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night while on a road trip with our small dog. We had ground floor room with a sliding glass door that opened to a pretty fenced courtyard. A comfortable environment for dogs and their people with the grass and two chairs and table for each room.
The entire staff was friendly and helpful and breakfast was a good and a step above other hotels. There were also many restaurants within walking distance. The bed was extremely comfortable.
I would have given it 5 stars except the rooms are a little dated.
It was a perfect choice for us and we would not hesitate to stay there again for up to a week.

Stayed April 2014
Great choice - great review. Thanks for sharing your stay we love pets. The courtyard rooms are our most requested.
Silverthorne, Colorado
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Let's start with the short version:

I traveled on this trip to visit my grandma. With me was my mother, my 1 year old son, my sister, and her 3 year old daughter.

We had spacious adjourning, ground floor rooms with a patio that opened onto the gated courtyard (=easy play space for the kiddos). There are three outdoor pools in another courtyard of the hotel: one main pool 3-8ft, one hot tub, and one separated kid pool 2ft deep. So, adjouring rooms, gated grassed courtyard, and kid pool means I'd stay here with the kids again next time I visit my grandma.

Now for the greater specifics. When we checked in, we were convinced to sign up for their reward system. This gave us the room upgrade to the bigger rooms that faced the courtyard rather than the interstate. It also discounted the rooms some too. So, I guess that if we had smaller rooms facing the interstate I would have knocked a star off the review, but we didn't... Like I said our rooms were spacious. Two queen beds and at least four feet between the feet of the beds to the dresser. We had two sinks per room too... Great for cleaning baby stuff if someone is using the bathroom.

The $6 buffet breakfast was just okay, but $6 isn't really that much either. You get what you pay for there.

The air-conditioning is very loud, fortunately I was staying in April and didn't really need it. If I were here in August, this would be a bigger problem.

Overall, I would stay here again, if I got the bigger, courtyard facing room and was not staying in a month that I needed to use the AC.

Room Tip: Get a courtyard facing room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Parents and kiddos love our pool area! You are right that the courtyard rooms are especially liked by our guests. I am glad you joined our rewards program, Hello Rewards, there are many benefits to joining and it's free. Hope to see you soon.
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This Hotel was well managed, maintained and conveniently located to Major Highways, Restaurants and Shopping. Very easy to get around town. Also, the staff was friendly and did a great job at acknowledging and assisting.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Redding's Lodging leader," is continually trying to be just that. I'm so glad we impressed you. Our location is the best.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Redding was half way to our hometown and Red Lion Hotels can always be counted on especially when travelling with a pet. Easy access of the highway on a quite street. Check in was smooth and the room was facing a courtyard with grass so again, excellent for the dog. Great bed and bedding but as this was the off season, the hotel was not busy and our room was lacking conditioner and when I asked at the front desk, they did give me 1 but said they were out. No excuse to be out of anything in the off season. The other issue which I found disturbing was the fact that the bathroom had no fan and yet the exhaust screen on the wall had not been cleaned in quite some time. All things considered, I would stay here again but would make sure that I checked the room before deciding to accept it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for sharing your insights. All of which were addressed. Thanks for mentioning the great location and the ease of access to the rooms.
Hluboka Nad Vltavou, Czech Republic
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Service and friendliness is top notch...facilities could be better especially the gym, free weights would be nice. Perhaps free breakfast might be useful as the paid breakfast was nothing spectacular anyway....I had my breakfast at nearby Dennis.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thanks for your comments, very appreciated. Glad to hear that the service was friendly and good.