“Redding overnight”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Redding
“Redding overnight”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Red Lion is a older motel in Redding. Staff was great! The room was clean but very warn. Bathroom wall paper peeling and doors were pretty beat up. Beds comfortable. It is an older hotel that we loved in the 70's. Located well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RedLion_Redding, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this review, February 12, 2015
In 2015 we will be spending some major capital on the rooms and the décor of the property. If you loved us in the 70's you really love us in the year to come.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I travel to Redding for work every three months, and I won't stay anywhere other than the Red Lion. I've tried a few other similarly-prices hotels in the area Oxford Inn and the Holiday Inn Express, both also on Hilltop), and they don't compare.

Their best selling point: the friendliness of the staff. The second time I visited, the woman at the front desk remembered by name (I hadn't even made a reservation yet - I just walked in), and that I get the PG&E rate. Every staff member I've dealt with has been incredibly friendly and efficient.

The rooms are spacious and clean. As a female traveling alone, I feel very safe there. And the room amenities are more than you could ask for. Honestly, the hotel shampoo/conditioner works better than what I use at home. Don't even get me started on how comfortable the beds are! The 24 fitness center is great, with complementary towels, and multiple machines (cardio and weights). There's always ample parking, and I feel comfortable leaving my company truck there at night. They offer a GREAT hot breakfast, and the on-site lounge has great food as well. There are plenty of restaurants in the area, which is convenient as well.

Overall, the Red Lion is a great place to stay in Redding. Affordable, clean, convenient (right off I-5, but not noisy), friendly staff, safe, and most importantly, it's just a pleasant place to stay. I can't say enough about how great the Red Lion is. I recommend it highly!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

As a female traveling alone, you one of hundreds who stay here on a regular basis, for the very same reasons. Thank you for sharing your stay with us. Very kind words.
Redding
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I waited at the front desk for at least ten minutes before someone came out of the back room to check me in. There wasn't any sort of device available to let them know I was waiting. The parking lot is poorly lit, and I was advised that the area had been targeted by a group of thiefs. The front desk people told me that there were no headsets available for use in the workout room, the outdoor pool and hot tub was inoperable, and that there was a fee for the breakfast. i have stayed at other locations in the Redding area and know they offer a much better assortment of breakfast options for free. I guess the icing on the cake is that my rewards points have not been awarded to my account. Earning rewards towards a free night stay was one of the main reasons I chose this location above others. I will not stay here again, and will suggest friends to do the same.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Ckorol, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
We want to take this time to extend our apologies for your experience with us in Redding. We use these reviews to continuously better our approach to our guest’s experiences at our hotels. We have noted the issues you faced during your stay and will work very quickly to overcome these objectives and ensure a better stay. We hope you will continue to be a Red Lion advocate and give us another chance to show you our superior service.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestions to make our hotel a better place to stay.
Happy Valley, Oregon
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised about everything. This was so much more than we were expecting. The front staff member was one of the best I have encountered. She took her time with each person so you felt like you were the most important guest they had. Pretty amazing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Pacific Northwest
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed just one night on our way from Washington to Los Angeles, and really enjoyed the comfort, quality, and convenience of the Red Lion Hotel in Redding. We had three "toy breed" dogs with us, and were delighted to find such a nice, pet friendly hotel at a reasonable price. The staff could not have been more courteous or efficient.

After we made our reservations through the Red Lion web site, we called the hotel in Redding to request a ground floor room, which they kindly set aside for us. They were also very accommodating when we called them en route to inform them we had left a day early and needed to move our reservation date up from "tomorrow" to "today".

The room was spotlessly clean, the beds (two queens) were comfortable, and all the appliances worked very well. The next time we spend a night in Redding, it will be at the Red Lion!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I wish I could have caught the young lady that checked us in. She was very sweet. She told me if I signed up to be a member of Red Lion she would upgrade me to a King Standard, which I did. The room was clean and warm. The hotel was quiet and we had a good night sleep on both nights. Their breakfast buffet for $6 is good and you have to try. It is centrally located to all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Redding is the half way point on my travel from CA to OR, and Red Lion is right off I-5, easy on and off, but the rooms are quiet enough not to hear the freeway (at least poolside 2nd floor). There is a hum from the air system, but it is like white noise and comforting to me (I sleep with the fan on). Clean room, and comfy bed, big TV, free wireless, not much more I need than this. Lots of dining options within walking distance, including at the hotel. It is a big hotel, fairly recently renovated - feels newer. Very nice staff. You could get a better rate online than at the hotel, or become a member for free and you get a big discount.

Room Tip: I was on second floor poolside, room 310, which was quite nice. I wouldn't risk being on the fre...