“Resting in Redding at the Red Lion”

Red Lion Hotel Redding
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Redding
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Redding is the mid point for many a road trip, and the Red Lion is conveniently located off the highway and near stores and shops. I have stayed here before and specifically chose this hotel because of the good management and accommodating staff. Staff worked to find a room that best met our needs, and were friendly and helpful. Every staff member here takes customer service seriously and will work hard to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable.

The room was very clean and was quiet as requested. There is a buffet breakfast available for a little over six dollars, and you can always grab an apple from the fruit basket on the front desk.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the pool side are a little quieter if you are not leaving early in the morning.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank greenwayplanner

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here while I was at a training seminar. I couldn't have asked for anything better. One of my co-workers recommended the hotel, so I took her up on it. I'm glad that I did. Rooms are quiet and comfortable. Excellent hot breakfast buffet served in hotel. Summers in this area are brutal, so you want to use the pool and spa. Good restaurants close-by . Easy access to I-5 and Mt. Shasta Mall. Attractions include Shasta Lake, Sundial Bridge, Sacramento River, Mt. Lassen. A little spendy as hotels go, but worth it.

Room Tip: They have room packages with free breakfasts. Be sure to ask about it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at the Red Lion Hotel during Thanksgiving. We were initially assigned a room in the second floor and when we asked about elevators, we were told there were none! Since we had luggage they managed to get us a room in the first floor. Our room was a nice size with a flat screen TV, coffee maker, high-speed internet etc. There are two sinks one inside and one outside the bath room so that two people can wash in privacy. But the shower head , in spite of several holes, had only a few functioning. The beds were soft and rather high. The pillows are short square pieces about 1' per side.

If everything is so good why only three stars? When we came into the room on a cold night and turned on the heat, the AC with full fan came on. Since we could not get it to work, we called housekeeping who came to fix it but also gave up. We thought we would get a different room but they did not bother. The brought us a room heater and apologized for the inconvenience. We had to turn off the heater during the night since it started making a roar.

The breakfast was unusually good with fresh scrambled eggs, breakfast meat etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pksubramanian
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed on a Friday night, and in arrival I was surprised by the blaring music in the lobby. There is a dance club in the lounge on the weekends. I voiced my concern to the front desk lady that I wasn't up to listen into that from my room and she assured me that she had put me in a room farthest from the lounge. I could still faintly hear it, but not enough to be bothered by it. I suggest asking for the same kind of distance if you want a good night sleep. The room was large and had a very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. The bathroom was also fairly big. The only thing that was a negative, was that the carpet looked somewhat dirty. Great price when booking online with their rewards program.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Accomodations, food, and service were beyond the norm. Staff was very helpful, room was super clean and comfortable, and the rate was the best in the city. I would not stay in any other facility in Redding.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
New York City, NY
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was on my way to Portland from L.A. for the holidays and decided to stop in Redding for the night to avoid driving fatigue. I searched on line looking for a dog friendly hotel and booked at the Red Lion due to positive Yelp reviews. I was not disappointed. Despite the somewhat restrictive dog rules, the staff was friendly towards my dog (a 10 lbs. terrier puppy) and even gave him a bone and waste bag for his welcome gift. The building was clean and cozy, the staff was accommodating, and the room was nicely decorated. Breakfast buffet was decent ( great to have warm food a bit heartier than the "continental" breakfast offered at most hotels); fresh and plentiful. My only minor complaint was to not be able to leave my dog unattended in my car or the room which made loading and unloading the car more challenging than usual.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Very good value if you are a member of the Red Lion Club which can be done for free when you make your reservation by phone.Very friendly staff. Large bathroom, balcony. No elevator. Nice breakfast/$6

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple