Red Lion Hotel Redding
$129
$95
Travelodge Redding CA(Redding)(Great Value!)
$91
$129
GardenInn.com
Thunderbird Lodge(Redding)(Great Value!)
$75
Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites(Redding)(Great Value!)
$103
$108
BestWestern.com
$124
All reviewsfront deskbar and grillsliding glass doorbottom floorbreakfast buffetnice pooleasy accessroad triphot tubking bedchecking inredding areabeds were comfortablechristinedogloungebalconies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Service at this Redding hotel is good. Staff is friendly and efficient. Unfortunately buildings are old and tired... Hallways and rooms dark. However new beds were great! Had a peaceful, restful sleep. Good for that one night stay while traveling through the valley/ I-5 corridor.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank rjsac
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We arrived to city around 3am first I went to high rank hotels and inns which trip advisor recommended in redding city. Since it was 4th of july most of them where occupied. We passed the red lion and my husband suggested this hotel, I wasn't sure about the 14th hotel on trip advisor's list. I am so happy the other one's had no vacancies. It's such a nice hotel for the price and I don't know why it's on 14th of trip advisors list. Such a friendly front desk, such a friendly staff and most importantly they are trying hard to do better on trip advisor.
Cons,
Honestly the hotel was dated but it was clean. I wish they would put more healthy stuff for breakfast. It would be nice if they put tooth brush in bathrooms too.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 2 times this year for swim meets. Nice hotel. Good value for the price. Pool, hot tub, restaurant & bar, free breakfast. We liked it. Room was good and we felt very safe. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had been a very frequent customer with red lion but had gotten away for unremembered reasons. We checked into the property at 11:00 pm. The motel was lightly occupied as per the desk clerk. Quite tired we went to our room only to be quite disappointed and quite surprised. The list of deficiencies was extensive! I have never before felt compelled to take pictures of the room (which I did). We tried to call the front dest but 1) the telephone didn't work. 2) the bed next to the window was obviously been slept in without any clean up or new sheets, We checked the second and found it apparently cleaner but still apparently previously used, 3) There was no soap, shampoo, etc. in the room and only 4) 1 plastic cup. 5) The shower had been used but not by us. We had been on the road for over 18 hours and desperately needed to sleep. We tried the phone again but no one answered 5) I even tried my cell phone to no avail. 6) I went to the lobby and found NO ONE I waited over 10 minutes and finally retreated. The phone continued to ring. When we checked in there had been 3-4 behind the counter. Now not one!!!!!!!1

Came morning (545am ) I tried the phones again --still no answered and again lots of ringing. We went down to the "gourmet breakfast" only to be quite disappointed. (7) I am diabetic and there was no consideration given to diabetic needs. No whole grain cereal nor breads, no sugar free syrup, and no low glycemic foods at all. A man and son claimed the they had just walked in from the street to eat! We had to pay excessive fees for less than we had at Best Western in "nowhere" Arizona. Several other of the 6:15 am diners we also complaining of the lack of consideration to special needs. (8) All the "hot" food was cold to warm and tasted as if this was yesterdays food re warmed 8) cold greasy sausage, cold over cooked scrambled eggs, sweetened cereals , sweet breads and muffins. 9) No one came to verify if we had paid for our meal. I asked the lady on duty why we hadn't been checked to verify payment and she assured us that 10) "no one is verified because" we don't wan't to embarrass anyone" . I could go on but have run out of room! What an utter and complete rip off. Over priced, lied to, worse than Motel 6 by far and worse than any road side 1950's motel. I asked to speak to the manager but " Not on duty until 9" (am or pm ???) We went to our room to leave and decided to purchase some cold water from the vending machine (yo guessed it "out of order" A large cooler next to the front desk was locked and the person with the key wouldn't be there until at least 9:00.

According to their web site: Red Lion Hotels are a celebration of locality, for the traveler who collects experiences and understands that every trip ought to be a little bit different.
The traditions of each Red Lion city, from the West Coast and British Columbia throughout the Pacific Northwest, are captured by a warm, personable staff who can't wait to show off their home".

End of propaganda. What a crock of [--]. You advertise quality and guest services for nothing then charge extremely high rates and deliver less that Motel 6. I will not stay at another of your properties not will any of my more that 600 employees who travel extensively. Red Lion Will be banned from our acceptable list of locations. As far as I'm concerned they can go elsewhere or sleep in their cars.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Bob L
Ckorol, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to discuss the issues you encountered during your stay with me this last week and also posting your experience on Trip Advisor. I was deeply concerned to hear of the myriad of problems you encountered. I find this unacceptable and I assure you these are the exceptions rather than the rules. Unfortunately, we fell short at every opportunity to deliver the quality of service expected of my team and product. Our consistent goals of cleanliness, quality, security and friendly service require diligent attention to feedback from our guests and I thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to report the issues and take the time to discuss them with me.

We have processed a credit to your Visa card as we discussed and I have sent you a gift certificate for a two night stay including breakfast for two which you should have already received. I would be grateful if you would give our hotel another opportunity to demonstrate our usually impeccable service and product in the not so distant future.

Thank you once again for your correspondence and time.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at multiple red lions, each is a little different but the quality of service is always great. This one is more along the lines of a "basic" RL, nothing special but still comfortable. The resturaunt has good food but not good ambiance. The pool area is pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013