“If you want to get eaten by bed bugs please stay here.”

Motel 6 Redding North
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for the first and last time. I was only in the room at night to sleep. I spent two nights there a Fri and a Sat. After i got up sat morning i Felt that i was starting to itch all over my arms and legs. I asked them to change the linen in the morning and left. When i came back that night i went to bed on my new sheets. I woke up in the morning with puss and fluid coming out of my bights. I had to stop at the hospital on the way home to find out what it was. I was told bed bugs and that i should call them and let them know,. I was given some itch cream and told it would go away in a few weeks ..The Dr told me to burn and get rid of all my cloths because they have eggs in them and could be passed to my kids. I called the hotel and told them they have a huge problem with bed bugs. They told me that if there was a problem they would know it. I then sent 20 or so Pics of my arms to the hotel manager and tried to call her back. Now she said she could not talk to me. So i told them fine and called the Dept of health and reported the bed bugs. They said it was not the first report over the last year. The infestation was so bad the health dept shut down 20 hotel rooms for 5 days. even after all of this they refused to refund my stay or me for the cloths i had to throw out. I was told by a person in TX somewhere that i just needed to get used to it because they cant stop it from happening. Motel 6 does not care about cleaning their rooms and will do what ever they can to get over on their customers. Mike, R

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel or motel
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
9  Thank occy6969
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Redding North

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Typical Motel 6 - but kept clean and "usually" pretty quiet. Friendly staff. North end of town, less traffic, etc. Great spot for day trips in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Us2Berts
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I have never been to Redding before and was looking for a cheap hotel for the night. The front desk staff was nice and friendly, and our hotel room was clean. If your looking for a quiet place to sleep this is not for you as it is off the highway and you can hear cars passing by. Our bathroom shower would leak throughout the night. And then some guy was trying to sell drugs as he walked by our room. After that i locked my door and kept a close eye on my things. Will more than likely not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We have stayed at a number of Motel 6's when traveling with dogs. This particular Motel 6 had a very friendly desk staff, neat and tidy rooms and was reasonably quiet. It had the usual Motel 6 amenities at the usual Motel 6 low prices. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sara9889
Reviewed March 24, 2011

This motel is a good value and the staff was excellent - but the minute we checked into our room I noticed bed bugs all over the sheets! They put us in another room, but I could not sleep worrying that there might be bedbugs in the new room as well. Also the comforter/spread smelled of chemicals, and it gave me asthma. I didn't sleep at all.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank AprilDogTucson
m60674, General Manager at Motel 6 Redding North, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2011

Once again, we appologize and we thank you for your comments. Our motel aims at consistently delivering a professionalservice to our customers and although on this occasion the lvel of service you received was not yo your expectations, please rest assured that we are taking steps to correct it.

Just to reasure you, our profession bug contractors found no bed bugs on site at this motel

Reviewed March 3, 2011

This place must be near some boating popular place because the parking lot was crammed full with trucks pulling boats - parking across 6 & 7 parking spaces leaving nowhere to park!

This location is no exception to the 'awful smell' rule that Motel 6s seem to have. Plus the walls are all paper thin and when we're travelling with our dogs, no one gets a decent night sleep as people seem to trek around all night long causing our dogs to growl and bark. Go to bed people!!!!!

The guy at the front desk tried to rip me off by giving me a more expensive rate - but I caught him out and he changed it. He looked like he just got out of prison - and it doesn't help that they are behind glass like WE are all criminals....

Next time I will be finding a La Quinta and getting a decent night's sleep.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Raisinwoman
m60674, General Manager at Motel 6 Redding North, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to posting your comments on trip advisor about your stay with us
I apoligies about the boaters we are working with them to unlatch their boats and have more consideration for other guest ,as for the dogs i have no answer I wish they would all stay in at night but thats not going to happen.

Reviewed February 18, 2011

Ok i arrive to check in to find out they did not hold the room with a microwave and frigde that I personally called and reserved prior but hey you know things happen not the end of the world. What really made me upset was the desk lady and and another employee started stating I bet so in so did it I can't believe that getting angry throwing what I call at toddler fit right there in front of me. I tried to calm them down I kept saying listen its ok just put me in a clean room I can park by. It took me forever it simply check in due to them freaking out! So I finally get to my room, the carpet had food crumbs by one of the bed, all I had was 2 hand towels (thank god I did pack one of my own towels so I made due. Later that night around 10 there where children running around screaming and people drinking and having social hour outside me room. In the morning as I was leaving I got to witness three maids in a heated debate where every other word was the F word! All I can say is I am glad I was there due to buisness and did not bring my family along with me. I will never ever return there. Take my advice stay anywhere but their.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank worker_woman
m60674, General Manager at Motel 6 Redding North, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

we apologize and we thank you for your comments. Our motel aims at consistently delivering a professional service to our customers and although on this occassion the level of service you received was not to your expection, please rest assured that we have taking steps to correct it