“Just OK - you could probably do better”

Motel 6 Redding South
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Just OK - you could probably do better”
Reviewed May 12, 2007

If this is the best of the Motel 6 chain hotels in the Redding area - I believe there are three - I really would not want to stay at the others. The room was clean and, as noted on other reviews, small towels (for two people we received two bath size, one hand towel, one washcloth), soap only, and no hairdryer. We used their coin operated laundry ($1.25 each for wash or dry) and the machines were new and efficient. The common areas, however, were filthy. Empty cigarette packs and other trash in the landscaping around the pool area. It's convenient to restaurants and I-5. That's the best thing I can say about this hotel. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirty common areas
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed April 19, 2007

Surprise Surprise - another motel 6 that fits the bill. A great night sleep and only $39 a night. Clean, and very friendly staff. The only complaint is that the towles in these type of places are just way too small. Also, no shampoo was provided (good thing I'm bald) or hair dryers available (see previous comment).
Would definately stay there again.

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank rverginia
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed February 23, 2007

We had booked into the Howard Johnson and when we were given our room we were not satisfied at all so we cancelled the booking. Then we went up the street and booked into The Motel 6. What a suprise one of the cleanest motels or hotels we have stayed in, the staff are also very nice. it was very quiet and peaceful in a nice part of town. We would honestly recommend this motel to anyone it's One Of The Best

• Liked — Clean and Modern
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank Riocht
Camano Island, Washington
Reviewed January 31, 2007

We will stay here AGAIN!! Our son lives close by and this Motel 6 is a great place to stay. Even with it right next to the freeway, the west side rooms were VERY quiet. The entire place was clean, and the staff very friendly. Great location, great price and great property!

• Liked — Price and Quiet
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tomnsueb
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed September 23, 2006

So since we had stayed at this certain Motel 6 and loved it, we decided to stay again. Pretty much the same awesome experience.. clean rooms, extremely nice staff, looks like a VERY safe area.. etc.. The room we stayed at was clean and all but wasn't as new looking as the one we had stayed in before. I wasn't disapointed too bad though since it was a pretty nice looking room. Overall still one of the better Motel 6 places I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank JohnnyButt
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed September 9, 2006

I stayed at the South Redding Motel 6 last night, and it was a pretty nice place. It has been recently remodeled, with cheerful new bedspreads, fresh paint and carpet that still smelled new.

I had requested one bed on the ground floor, and there was a minor mix-up, with my being given two beds on the second floor. I explained that I was alone and someone else might need the other bed, and they moved me to a lower, one- bed room. It turned out to be a handicapped room, and I insisted they move me the instant a customer came along who might need that room. Well, I got the place to myself. If you are a handicapped traveller, this Motel 6 has nice, open rooms and a huge walk-in shower with a bench. They have even installed the rack to hang your clothes and the peep hole in the door at the proper height. It seems to have been done right (but the sink may be a tad high). Everything else is your typical Motel 6, with small towels, a bar of soap and that's about it, but clean as a whistle.

Other pluses are: Pam, who works the front desk, was a shining example of someone who "Smiles when she answers the phone". Very pleasant. The coffee is actually fairly strong at this location! No need to wheel through a drive-in coffee shop. Also, the on ramp for the I-5 is just across the street, so it's easy to get going in the morning.

On the flip side, Mitch, the manager, was less charming, seeming to be preoccupied with things other than customers. Upon checking out, I barely received a grunt, let alone, "How was your stay?" My other complaints would be: 1) The pillows are hard and uncomfortable and 2) They really need to enforce "quiet hours". I was awakened at 2:00 am and 3:00 am by a group of guys who had been out carousing and having fun. They clearly didn't realize how late it was and kept up for some time. In addition, even without drunken revelry, the walls and ceilings/floors are paper thin, so much so that you really need to keep the TV going at a low volume to tune out your neighbors as they chat, walk around upstairs, shower, etc.

Overall, though, it was a nice example of what a good budget accommodation Motel 6 can be. I'd stay again (with earplugs).

• Liked — Convenient location and strong, free coffee (at least that day)
  • Disliked — No enforcement of "quiet hours". Drunken revelry at 2 and 3 in the morning was allowed to go on and on.
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring earplugs!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
4 Thank NativeCalGal
Woodacre, California
Reviewed December 14, 2005

Pets are allowed!! Rooms were basic, but clean, fresh smelling and quiet, considering its location next to I-5. There was a heated pool which we didn't try. Buildings looked quite new and neatly landscaped. Lots of restaurants to choose from, both sides of freeway. Big beds were especially comfortable. Bathrooms were very clean. Towels were fresh smelling and very white. Would definitely stay here again. Good price, convenient for the road traveller.

11 Thank IfPenguinsCouldFly