“The best in Redding”

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Helix, OR
“The best in Redding”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We've stayed at all three Motel 6 locations in Redding and this is the best. It's not new, but they seem to keep it up. Clean. Get a room away from the freeway. For a late arrival and early departure, it's fine. Wouldn't stay here is I was spending a couple days (or more) in Redding.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Scotland
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was the worst accommodation I stayed in during my 3 week trip. Check in was fine with friendly and efficient staff. The pool area was very busy and noisy but to be fair it was quieter when I returned to the room after pool ‘curfew’. The room was below the standards I would expect from motel 6, bathroom very dated, room carpet damp and old crt tv. The room had a general dull dreich and dreary feel to it and I should have smelt a rat at this point. In the morning I woke up to discover that I had been ravaged by bed bugs, take my advice and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ross_Eld

Travelers are raving about these Redding hotels

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and laying at the pool side everyday at 110F was so relaxing! The staff was nice and polite! The rooms were clean with parking very close by! The location is great! Not far from anything and its quiet. Definitely come back

• Stayed July 2013
Encinitas, CA
Reviewed May 13, 2013

larger beds than many Motel 6. Carpets must have been steamed recently...nasty damp musty smell but good a/c cut through the funk. quiet. satisfactory. I just wish that the Motel 6 chain would invest in a bette quality sheet. It's tissue thin and can't appear anything other than sub par.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I was staying at this location, but needed a fridge for my meds. Assured over phone, held with card, then; sorry, none available. They recommended using the ICE BUCKET! Really? Kind of liked the place, but amenities are scarce. Was informed that there is no way to guarantee upgrades.

• Stayed April 2013
McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night on our trip back from Mexico.
So our requirements were clean, close to I-5 and affordable.
That is what we got. It will fulfill your basic needs. It is clean and comfortable. We had concerns about guests being loud since there were other guests hanging around outside their rooms, but when we went to sleep we heard nothing.
I probably wouldn't recommend it for a vacation but for a "sleepover" it really does the job and it's affordable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We checked in and the desk clerk was friendly, helpful, and polite. Got up to the room and it was like any other Motel 6. Just a room and TV. No microwave, refrigerator, or coffeemaker. Not even an alarm clock. But I don't need those things. Well, the clock would be nice. I quit using coffeemakers in rooms when (I think) 20/20 did the expose on all the nasty things people do in them. Now I bring my own coffeemaker. Anyway, I had no problem with cleanliness or flaky people hanging around. The place was pretty clean, and it looked like most of the guests were construction workers from out of town.Early to rise, etc. I asked for a room away from the freeway and got it, but even on the side facing the freeway it didn't seem too loud due to the earthen berm between the motel and the freeway. When I left the next morning, the manager was friendly and polite. I'd stay there again. I booked the room online at the motel 6 website and everything went without a hitch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple