“Pretty ghetto”

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Portland, Oregon
“Pretty ghetto”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Shabby room, shabby bedding, teeny rough towels. Not even shampoo provided. A lot of weirdos there hanging around drinking. VERY loud at night with guests outside talking, swimming, etc. Outdated tv and AC unit as well. When you open the bathroom door it blocked the sink- weird.
Avoid!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissatravels2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Salem, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I called Mat Raffery about cockroaches crawling above my bed on the wall. he didn't want to come out but did and killed 6 earwigs. I called back and asked for an ajustment. He told me I could leave and don't complain again or he would have police remove me. now this was about 11P.M. I decided not to complain until NOW. I have a profile at Motel 6 and use MOTEL 6 a lot. This is an unacceptable way to treat a guest!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Redding hotels

Anaheim, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I called this hotel around 8:30 and asked if they had a room and they told me they had one left so I booked it. We got there an hour later and I looked around the room. There was dried body fluid on the toilet seat, a red smear of some sort of fluid on the light switch, dried boogers on the wall, yellow spots on the sheets and a film of dust on the floor by the bed. I was so tired and wanted to go to sleep so badly but I was so disgusted by the hotel room that I could not stay there. I told the lady at the front desk and she told me she could put me in another room. I pointed out that she had just told me that there was only one room left and she told me she had never even talked to me. Finally after arguing for 10 minutes I was able to get my money back and go to another motel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelingFamily81
Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to Portland. After having a horrible experience in the last motel where we stayed I was somewhat scared that we would find ourselves in the same situation. However, this was quite pleasant. After reading the reviews I asked for an upstairs room facing away from the freeway, which we got.

The room is quite spacious. The decor has seen better days - our toilet seat had stains on it, which looked like dirt at the first glance. I wonder why that was not replaced. The shower itself was okay, as was the sink.

The bed was abit for narrow for a queensize, we have definitely slept in lager beds before! As a couple that is not such a big problem, but I always prefer more space when sleeping. The blanket had cigarette burns in it, as had the comforter.

The AC was terribly noisy, but manaed to cool the room down from what would otherwise have been a sauna. I was somewhat disturbed by the fact that the next doors toilet flush could be heard as if it was in our room - if our neighbours had used the bathroom during the night I would have sat in my bed every time! Luckily they did not.

My husband enjoyed a dip in the pool in the morning and off we went. It is not a bad place to stay, but I have seen nicer motels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a good stopping off point coming and going to Mexico and we stay here mainly because of our dogs.

Room Tip: Ask for a wheelchair accessable if its late and there is one available
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Leaburg, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

At about half the price of the other chain hotels in Redding, this Motel 6 on the south side was an acceptable stay. We moved out of our first room as it smelled like a stale dog kennel, but our replacement room upstairs was better. Rooms are basic, TVs are old, tube style with limited channels, but the shower was good and the room was generally clean. $45 for the two of us was about what it was worth. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly. This is not a hotel that will entice you to return, but it was okay for the price. Request an upstairs room to stay away from most of the pet population.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Douglas M
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

A reasonable choice for the money. Rooms need some work, but are acceptable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family