“A good room and friendly staff”

Motel 6 Redding South
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Typical no-frills Motel 6 amenities, but stands above others in cleanliness and the friendliness of desk clerks (on both check-in and check-out). Unlike most M6's, our room had a full bath tub instead of dinky shower stall.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed December 7, 2011

Clean, quiet enough, the room was small with one bed. NO coffee pot or clock or other such extras were in the room but we did get HBO.They charged $2.99 a day for internet! The place is priced like the nicer motels I stayed in but just isnt as nice, except for the price it would classify as an 'economical' one night only stay! This is the first place I ever saw a safety warning on the door to lock both locks and they are not responsible for theft from vehichles. not a great sign?

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Have stayed here at least ten tmes And always get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I reserved on the phone, and was told I would get two queen beds and a room not facing the freeway. I arrived 10 minutes later and got one bed and a room facing the freeway. It was too late for me to look for something else, so I settled for it. The front desk clerk claimed it did not face the freeway, but it most certainly did.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I've stayed @ this location prior & was pleased. Not any longer! The woman I made the reservations with said I'd have 2 beds (for my teenage son & 1 for meI). Arrived & they only had a room w/1 bed. The lady @ the front desk was friendly. I found hair on my pillow, between the sheets & on the towel in the bathroom. I thought it was odd, but didn't think twice about the flea that jumped on my arm before bed. Turned off A/C & went to bed. Itched most of the night. In the morning walked to the bathroom-feet started to feel pinching only to find 10-20 fleas on each foot! The warm air apparently woke up the flea infested room. Packed up quickly & told the front desk. Was offered 50% of next stay at that location. Not Happy!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelinVan
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This is a typical Motel 6: no worse and not better really. The room was clean and everything worked fine in the room. Front counter staff was friendly and the check-in clerk even called me up 30 minutes after I settled in to see if everything was OK. This motel is right on Interstate 5 so it is noisy. They set me up with a room facing west (away from the freeway) and it was quiet. Other rooms on the east side may be noisy. The only problem was that the bed was pretty bad. You could feel every spring in the mattress. The mattress pad may have been queen-size at one time but at shrunk to some odd size somewhere between twin and full. I’d say that the bed was my only problem.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from I-5 for quietness.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2010

This is the WORST Motel 6 I've ever seen! As soon as I walked into the room, I noticed the carpet was not clean enough for me to walk on without shoes. Then, I sat on the bed. HARD AS A ROCK!! The mattress was so worn that you could actually see the indentations from bodies through the coverings. I looked at 2 other rooms, called a few other motels, got a great deal at the Super 8 and moved!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo