“La Quinta Inn & Suites Redding”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Redding
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Redding

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Allows pets and had some smoking rooms. Everything was fine. Super nice staff. I will certainly use this motel each time I travel through Redding. Wish all motels on my trips were as comfortable as this one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Oliver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Easy access of Hwy 5, beautiful lobby and rooms were spacious, good beds, nice pillows, immaculately clean. Our bathroom didn't have grab bar and needs updating a bit, but overall a No.1 hotel, nice and quiet as well. Will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Travelers are raving about these Redding hotels

Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed for one night on our trip up from Palm Springs to Canada. We travel with 2 dogs and it's always a challenge to find a hotel that doesn't put the guests who travel with dogs in a dirty room which is often a smoker's room.

At La Quinta - any La Quinta - the dogs are no problem!

This La Quinta gave us a beautiful room on the Courtyard which makes it very easy for to get outside with the dogs. The bed was very comfortable, the linens nice, bathroom clean. It would be nice to have some hot eggs/sausages on the breakfast as some La Quinta locations do.

We'll be back on our next trip to California and will plan to stay a night in each direction.

A note to SOME other pet owners ......
If all of us dog owners want to keep nice places like this to stay on holidays, pick-up after your dogs and don't march through the morning breakfast area and sit with your dogs to eat. Come on people! Mind your manners!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard!
1 Thank dhughesehansen
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Room clean, beds OK, bathroom satisfactory, halls clean but carpeting a little worn. continental breakfast was good. The staff was courteous and pleasant.

My concern was one of the back entrances. The door locking mechanism was missing and the door could not be secured. I asked the front desk staff about this and the reply was that the parts had been ordered. 5 days later when we checked out the door was still not fixed and the response from the front desk staff was the same.

This is a serious lapse in building security and a REAL liability risk. Management should have had a temporary lock with a manual release installed so the door would meet code as an exit. Every door company I have ever worked with has those in stock and the lock could be fitted to the existing door. Then post a sign directing guest to either the side entrance or the other back entrance. A minor inconvenience to the guest but the building would be more secure.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Overall, this property is nice and worth checking out. Its funny when I read others reviews of the same place. I take it with a grain of salt and prefer my own experience. Honestly, I've stayed at 4 star hotels and was very disappointed there. Things can (and will) get missed from time to time and realize housekeeping is often low waged staff...and with that quality in cleaning will show.

Anyways, here is MY experience. :)

Upon checking in, the staff was so friendly and funny it was great. Got checked in and room key provided in 2-3 minutes. I got 149 (at the back of the building). The room was very clean, furniture was decent, and everything seems to be in order. Not bad at all for the price I got from Priceline. lol.

As indicated, the room was clean and spacious. The bed was so comfortable and slept like a baby. The bathroom is typical (cramped) but clean (however, soon they should wipe down the door and walls a bit too...I am seeing small splatters of "stuff"). I can't complain overall.

Free breakfast was typical. cereal and waffles. Free wifi in the room is good too.

Again all in all, I would certainly stay their again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank XplorerMike
Vista, California
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is one of the worst places we have ever stayed. We arrived in Redding late, so checked TripAdvisor by phone. When I checked, this hotel was listed in the top 5, not 12th-I'm not sure what happened there. When we arrived in our room (125), we found pet hair all over the comforter and people hair inside the covers. I called the front desk, and they sent us to another room (325). This room also had a couple pet hairs on the comforter, but we were so exhausted that we just went to bed. The bathroom was not well-cleaned. When I took a shower in the morning, I found hair shavings from the last guest in the soap holder and other hairs. The door jams and door to the bathroom were filthy. The whole room was just disgusting. I am so thankful we did not have our kids with us in this room. Also, every time someone walked past our room or shut their door in the hall, the noise was ridiculously loud. We will NEVER stay here again.