“Not well”

Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Redding
A TripAdvisor Member
BREMERTON
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The sheets had visiable fresh stains. The new sheets were also stained. The toilet had some red substance on the seat, blood, and the tables had ring marks that were sticky and wet. There was no remote for the tv, and the bed was uncomfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Tired and on the road from Seattle we decided to stop at the Howard Johnson in Redding Ca. The place look good from the street so I went in and booked a room. The Night Manager's appearance should have been the 1st tip off - very messy and he must have missed the personal hygiene class in school. So we go to our room and nex tdoor is another 'Local' smoking a cigarette. He takes off and comes back with 4 Buddies. Upstairs, 2 Girls in Daisy Dukes are looking over the rail. Needless to say it was 'Party Night' (on a Tuesday?). My Wife would not leave the room. I did not get any sleep with all the talking and foot traffic all night. The room was ok. The bed was nice and it had a decent TV. The furniture was all worn out and the microwave door was stuck closed. We got up early the next day (6am) skipping the Continental Breakfast and ate breakfast at Denny's in the next town down the road.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and get a room were you will feel safe and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The worst hotel/motel I've stayed at by far. This is the type of hotel where drug dealers and hookers do business. The corridors have pee stains everywhere. Rooms are gross, dusty and smelly. I never write reviews but I feel obliged to warn others. Believe me, add an extra $30 and get a decent room at holiday inn or Ramada.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My boyfriend & I were on a 10-day road trip and since this was our first night, we just wanted a reasonably priced place to sleep. We booked this hotel through Priceline and were so disappointed. It is not at all like the pictures show...very dirty, loud, and a little scary had I not been with my boyfriend. I would recommend driving a bit further north and spending just a little more. Broken laminate, awfully loud neighbors due to paper-thin walls, dirty flooring, cigarette burns on the toilet seat, and thin "crispy" towels all made for a terrible night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed here for a night. We decided to book this hotel because the hotel photos looked nice on the website and they had complementary breakfast. We basically paid more than other hotels in the area thinking that it will be much cleaner and better. The front desk staff smelled terrible. He had a really bad odor and you could feel that from very far. He was wearing white which was almost turning into grey because of dirt. The room we were given was supposed to be non smoking, but our keys did not work. Instead of trying to open the door himself, he gave us a handicapped room saying that he had given the room to some other people recently and they had good experience. Our guess is that he gave the room we had booked to someone else who was staying longer as the hotel seemed packed because of the long weekend. We were really tired from our trip, and we took the room. It was not any better than the cheapest rundown motel. Squeaky door, noisy air conditioning, old grandma tv, shower did not look clean. We managed to sleep, but we left as soon as we woke up next morning and decided to skip the breakfast. We are staying in the area soon, but will never pick this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 11, 2012

DON'T COME HERE!! I never give reviews anywhere, and I'm usually not one to complain or give bad reviews for service. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But like many of the customers here, I wanted to visit Redding for Bethel Church and priceline it. Priceline has never failed me, especially with hotels, but this one was bad! For $40/night, you get what you paid for, and much less.

We came here on Thurs 5/10 after a long drive from SF. The concierge was nice, but the room was not good. We got 222 which was supposed to be the 'non-smoking' room, but it reeked of old cigarettes. The carpets were disgusting and coming apart - I had to put towels on the ground before putting my bags on top of it. The bed was sinking, and the pillows were thin. The bathroom tiles were coming apart and the fan looked like it's never been dusted. The outlets were loose and not working, and to top it off, we had to kill two large moths/flys/bug? the minute we got in. I can't believe we still spent the night.

The outside was scary - I was afraid I'd get mugged or something. The stairs were not even walkable and they were uneven. The breakfast was even sadder - toast, cereal, and watered down juice/coffee.

I'm all about budgeting and saving money, but I had to check out after one night. I called priceline and kindly explained my situation, and said that although I understood their no return policy, this was totally unacceptable! They transferred me to multiple PR people and finally gave me most of my refund. I had to still pay ~90 bucks (double the rate) for the night, but I got the rest of it back.

Now I checked into Baymount Inn and Suites down the street, and this is much better! Not a Westin or Hilton, but it's safe, clean, and smells ...well...like nothing...

PLEASE DO YOURSELF, YOUR FAMILY, AND WHOEVER YOU ARE STAYING WITH A HUGE FAVOR AND DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT COME HERE!!!!

I wish I had time to take pictures to prove my point. I didn't believe the reviews and had a tiny hope because I didn't want to lose money. But I hope you won't have to see it to believe me.

DON'T EVER COME HERE!

Room Tip: don't come here
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank hlhan
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Basic nice rooms good valve, not too loud and was close to the freeway.
Free breakfast with a paper.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business