“Clean comfortable stay”

Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Clean comfortable stay”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Clean room, great breakfast buffet, excellent location. It's perfect for short stay over, hotel is close to a lot of restaurant, fast food, supermarket, bank, gas station, highway. Even though the price is a little bit more expensive than other BWPlus hotels, we will return if we are traveling to Redding again.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Arcata, California, USA
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our room was small but comfortable and a bonus was that is has a hide-a-bed which we did need, but I was not told about when I booked the 1-king bed room. Nice clean hotel in great location for Redding visiting. The breakfast is a huge full buffet in the restaurant area which was way above my expecations. We will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 28, 2012

After having driven for 12 hours from in Idaho, I was ready for a restful night's sleep in a quiet environment. I had no sooner climbed into bed when I heard a loud thumping coming from the motel restaurant below, then realized a live rock band was the source. Long story short: When I called to the front desk asking for some relief, I was informed a private Christmas party was in progress, but that it would end at 10 PM (which it did). The desk clerk also said she would ask the band to lower the bass. A few minutes later, to my surprise AND dismay, the bass was indeed a bit quieter, but the overall loudness had increased. I called a second time and asked to speak to the manager. He called a few minutes later and apologized profusely, but by the time any adjustments could be competed, i.e., changing rooms, the music had stopped. When I checked out the next morning, no mention was made of this intrusion on my comfort. A couple of weeks or so later, I received a message from Best Western offering me a 25% discount to be redeemed at THAT location. Nice, but I have not plans to return to Redding, and told them so in my response. I further let them know that a more practical offer would have been a coupon I could use at ANY Best Western facility. I have received no further communication from them. While the staff were very nice and polite, their priorities need to be revisited with a view toward elevating guest comfort to a higher level.

Room Tip: If you arrive on a weekend, ask if a band will be playing in the restaurant. If so, request a room...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

The room was a bit overpriced for the size but the beds were comfy and had a great breakfast. Used the guest laundry and the dryers did not work very well, I had to pay 3 times the amount for the dryer and my clothes were still not dry.

Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

OK, first the good news: the staff was very friendly and was very accommodating when we cancelled our room. Now the bad news: upon entering our room we were knocked over by the stench of what seemed to be stale cigarette smoke, although the desk attendant said it was the smell of the new paint. Although the room appeared to be clean, the smell could not be overlooked. After checking the room, the manager did give us a full refund, so kudos to them for that. Unfortunately, we're now off to my parents' house for the night.

2 Thank Kristin C
Weaverville, California
Reviewed December 22, 2012

As usual, best western supplied a clean comfortable room. A minimum of noise. We did not go in the pool but it was steaming outside so they must heat it. The breakfast was buffet in the attached restaurant CR Gibbbs and was included in the room an it was very good.