“Best In Redding”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

It was my first time eating here and I have been living in Redding for about 8 months. I've heard so much about this place but didn't think it could have been that great. When I went in for lunch I was greeted and sat immediately and they were very nice to me. I was alone and they made me feel great. It was my first time there and my server was very patient with the questions that I had and recommended the braised chicken and I'm so glad I got it. It was very delicious and was enough for me to take home with me. I would definitely recommend this to anyoen who wants good fresh Chinese food.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant is my favorite in Redding. My entire extended family is always excited to eat there whenever they come to town. At first the idea of Chinese food at an airport seems odd, but the kids love watching planes take off and land!! Our favorite dishes are the Mongolian beef, house dry braised chicken, and bean curd with vegetables. Yummy! The prices are reasonable and the service is usually pretty fast.

1  Thank theatrelover1935
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I wasn't as impressed with Peter Chu's as I had hoped to be. The place was lovely, the wait staff attentive & charming, and the place was full on a Friday night. We ordered our usual Chinese plates: prawns with mixed vegetables for me, mu shu prawns for my husband, and pot stickers to start. No, we're not adventurous eaters, but we know what we like! The pot stickers were a little too pork-gamey for me. I like more vegetables in the mix, but they were well-cooked, crispy and chewy! And the prawns in both of our dishes were lovely, but I was disappointed to find an abundance of canned baby corn in the vegetable mix! I've eaten this same dish in various restaurants up & down California and the canned baby corn was a first for me. Only 2 spears of broccoli, which is usually a big player in the mix. And the carrots were woody. The sauce was pretty much tasteless even though I'd requested extra garlic. So not, as I said, as good as expected, especially considering the rave reviews. I did have some of my husband's Mu Shu and it seemed tasty. And the prawns in both dishes, as I've said, were fresh, tasty and generous. I took half my dish home & ate it the next day with a big tablespoon of toasted sesame oil, some fresh pressed garlic and a dose of fish sauce & it was much tastier.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Lunch specials are super cheap and fast. This is one of two chinese restaurants in town that I'll eat at or recommend. Yes you have to park in the airport parking lot, but Chu's will validate your parking.

2  Thank CaliforniaMtngoat
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was a local Chinese restaurant recommend by locals. I ordered the shrimp in tomato sauce. My wife had walnut prawn's. Both were good but the batter on the prawns was a bit heavy. Their Chicken Salad was also very tasty. Atmosphere was a mix of Chinese and American with a view of the Redding Airport runways. Service was a bit pushy in regards to timing but not bad. Meal for 2 was $45 including tip.