“Mold and bug infested”

Add it.
Americana Lodge Redding
Ranked #35 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This motel is a joke! You don't get any real sleep, you have people constantly fighting, police department out there several times daily, people constantly trying to get into your room at night so you really don't feel safe unless you have a weapon with you, the staff consists of 2 child molesters who are high risk predators and a lazy maid, maid service is something you don't get, the rooms are filthy when you rent it, the monthly rent is hell on the budget, the place is full of mold so if you're allergic and you don't like bugs, don't rent here. Plus the manager/owner and his wife are rude and they have a habit of withholding mail from residents. If you have to choose between here or your vehicle or the mission, for those who have a vehicle, stay there, for those who don't have a vehicle, camp out. You're better off.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Veronica S
There are newer reviews for Americana Lodge Redding

Reviewed June 8, 2012

The name says Americana but I now loveningly refer to it as Ameri-Caca! The woman in the office is rude and dismissive. When I asked for the internet password she said she did not know and it was not functioning and wouldn't know when it would be back on. The walls are stained and the bathroom looks like the one from the movie "Saw." The carpet is filthy and I saw a roach crawling. When inspecting the mattress I saw so many blood stains it was like the last woman who slept on it must have been on her period while being stabbed. I was concerned about leaving my stuff in the room and even being alone. I might have checked out and gone somewhere else if I wasn't with a guy friend. You gotta not give a s@!% if stay here more than once.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank jvaldez87
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Good value for money- budget option but rooms were clean, well equipped and all you need for an overnight stay. It's not in the best part of town but all the budget motels are here and we had no problems whatsoever. People live here, in a separate block and they were no problem. I don't think ive stayed in a budget motel without long term guests- seems standard, no different here.

Service provided by owners was exceptional- we had some problems returning our rental car and the owner followed us down there, picked us up, showed us where to get the bus later and let us check out late. They also stored our stuff safetly for the day.

Good option if you are passing through and on a budget.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This is absolutely the WORST place I've ever been in. My belongings were pilfered through and items stolen - even tooth brushes and mouthwash! There were drug deals going down in the parking lot. The management (owner?) was rude and refused to talke to me. You DO NOT want to stay here!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 59luv2travel_77
Reviewed April 4, 2011

OMG. This place is the worst place I have ever stayed at. The bed pillows were flat & Black. It looks like they grabbed them from the dumpster. The walls were dirty, paint chips, bad patch work, holes in walls. Tile in shower missing. A hold above the shower as if someone is looking at someone taking a shower. TV did not have a plug to plug it into so we had to carry the old box TV to the old refrigerator that was broken inside and set it on top to plug it in the only other plug in the room. The smoke detector did not have a battery in it. The blankets had holes in it. When I removed the bottom sheet there was a bent straw under my sheet. There was hair on the pillow and sheet so that means they did not replace the sheets. They have a "No Refund" policy so you can not ask for your money back. My friend & I did not leave our stuff in the room, not only because of how nasty the room was nut because of the hooker and creepy people outside.

I would never had rented the room but since we did not have enough money to leave to go to another hotel. I would have slept in my car but was to scared to becuase of the people in the parking lot.

oh, the pool was green and had a lot of garbage floating in it.

after this I am turning the hotel into the health department and the fire department.

Room Tip: Stay Away from this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank 08shannon08
Reviewed January 9, 2011

I stayed with some colleagues. We went to the place because it was cheap. But the hotel was much better than what we expected for the cost. Rooms were clean, its location was good for us and service was prompt and courteous.
Good restaurants nearby and bed was good for a nice sleep after day of hard work.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank visionweb1
Reviewed April 19, 2009

In Mid-April 2009, I had a modest room as a single, arriving at 8 pm. The manager (owner?) gave me a room with a king-size bed, and the room was acceptable. The furniture was fairly recent and had plenty of drawer space, a writing desk (which would work for laptop with the free wifi), two nightstands with small drawers, plenty of lamps and lighting, and a small chair with ottoman (but without a back cushion on the chair). There was a small fridge, one sink with a large counter, a small microwave, toilet and bath/shower. This was a non smoking room and it was acceptably clean and fresh. One drawback was the A/C unit. Set on cooling, fan to any setting (high, low, or auto), it would not run for more than a minute before it took a break. It would stay off for 2 minutes, then cycle back on. It was hard to get the room to cool down. It was 67 degrees outside and 77 degrees inside. I would not want to chance it in summer. The manager tried to tell me that was the best the A/C unit would do, and it appeared it was doing what it could. It was a newer unit, but I was not pleased when he started asking me, "Don't you know how to work an A/C unit?" I actually opened the cover, found the service instructions, and went through the diagnostics to see if the motel had set a 70 degree minimum cooling or something. It appeared to check out, and I just slept on top of the covers. Another tale from the road!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo