“Family Friendly”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I go when Shaun cooks my meals. He's the best. The staff are very friendly....know my wife and me very well as my daughter in law once worked there....They all take care of us. I order the Chorizo Scramble...it's my particular favorite. Massive amounts of food at a very good price. If u like pancakes.....like my son does...his favorite is Chocolate Chip pancakes.

I would recommend this place over all the other breakfast joints in the area....food is great, price is right.

There are newer reviews for Black Bear Diner

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We hadn't been here in a long time, so decided to try it again. Had a great breakfast (at dinner time) , eggs cooked just as I wanted, French toast, hash browns & the best link sausage I've had in ages. There were 2 of us & the small booths are not quite roomy enough when you both have large plates. We asked for a large booth & were seated in one, even though it was crowded.
A family style diner, but I've always had good food except for one time when the hash browns were not cooked long enough. The service was fast, even though they were very busy at 7pm on a Friday night. Will definitely go again. Much more homestyle than Denny's.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have always eaten here on I5 trips with excellent service and tasty everything being pretty much the norm. It is always something I plan for; stopping at BBD. But today I had a real nasty experience. There was a guy carrying clean dishes out to be stacked. He had the dishes at chest level and then AHH, AHH, AHCHOO, right into the top dish. I almost walked out and should have. Then the big knife they always serve with the food was pre-used. Big swath of dried crud on both sides. Going elsewhere next time.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

stopped there for breakfast. Ordered omlet came with raw veggies. sent it back and the next one was just as bad. then to top it off I got food poisoning and was sick all day. stay away.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

this chain offers the most value for the dollar of any I know. they consistently serve up food that reminds most of us of home. the portions are monster sized and the preparation is excellent. it can compete with any restaurant in this segment. breakfast is our favorite. two adults could easily split most of the entrees.