“Oh My! Truly generous and down right good”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #4 of 310 Restaurants in Redding
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Went here with some friends last night for dinner...being a Californian, I was surprised that this is a bonafide chain and I had never heard of it. Apparently it is common in Northern and central California, as well as Oregon, Nevada, Arizona and Washington.

Truly a great little treasure...but their servings are anything but little! The breakfast biscuit the size of a large softball, and the taco salad looked like they brought a boat to our table to put it in. Sizes are gi-normous! Two people can easily share. My "Scrambler" was two eggs mixed with several veggies, just perfect for me. (The salsa was lacking, in my view, but only negative at the whole table)

Breakfast is served all day, something my honey would love. They had some lovely looking individual pies in their dessert case when we came in...but we were too stuffed to try them.

Probably good that I don't live near one of these...I would be a walking rolly-polly.

1  Thank GlobalPassion
There are newer reviews for Black Bear Diner

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great place for breakfast. Kind courteous staff and great food for the money. Wonderful environment and atmosphere to eat in.Highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I must say...I love this place! Excellent Food....superior service...and the best part....the Orange Juice is FRESH squeezed....very tasty....highly recommended place for those seeking quality down home cooking!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stopped here for lunch because it looked like an easy access from the freeway (I-5). Wrong! Difficult to access unless you know what you're doing in advance. The food was just okay. I think the Black Bear Diner chain has grown too comfortable with its reputation. The menu is "stale" and the choices for people with allergies are very slim. That said, my salad was decent, the granddaughters enjoyed their food, and my husband was satisfied with his meal. But we've had much better meals at Denny's and Shari's Restaurants.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This used to be a good casual restaurant for breakfast and lunch. On this visit we had a late breakfast. The bacon had been pre-cooked, and the potatoes were old and cold. I did express my opinion to the hostess.

1  Thank CCTraveler09