“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Portland, Oregon
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The worst service I've ever had! Argued with the manager about the policy when I originally booked it on booking.com. It stated no cancellation fees and full breakfast...not true. You have to cancel 3 days prior...a little hard to do when you book it 3 days before your stay. We decided we may as well stay since I couldn't cancel and it was charged on my account already. All I wanted was the room key... he then argued that he didn't have a room for us... ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!! Oh wait... there were only 3 cars in the entire parking lot of approx 20+ units. After arguing for 15 minutes he finally gave me the dang key to our room. I will never book online with booking.com or stay at America's Best ever again! The breakfast ended up being bite size muffins, ripe bananas, stale cereal, and orange juice. Booking.com told me that the hotel chain was the only one who could cancel our stay without penalty and called them directly.... way to be true to your advertising online.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank DAT2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We came to this hotel by chance and I am glad we found this gem. The lady at the front desk is very helpful and sweet. The real reason I gave this place such high marks was the cleanliness. Spotless another reviewer said and it is true. From the carpets to the bathroom, phenomenal. I will highly recommend this hotel in the future. Stop your search and stay here.

• Stayed October 2013
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I were traveling and visiting Lassen National Park and seeing sights around Redding. We spent two days at this motel. I chose it because of the price and the ratings. This motel was extremely clean, quiet, and well run. It's location was excellent for what we wanted to do. The room had very comfortable beds, a mini refrigerator, and free Wi-Fi. They offered free breakfast, but it was very basic (cold cereal and mini-muffins) and you had to eat it in your room since the office did not have room for tables. The only other negative that came to mind is that the room did not have any tissues. You don't think about this much and take it for granted, but we really missed having tissues available. We would definitely stay here again if we come to the area again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

First time staying in America's Best Value. This was a new motel that was on excellent condition. Very clean rooms and well equipped. No frills, continental breakfast let a lot to be desired. No much food. Owners were very knowledge able about the area an attractions. I would definitely stay here again especially for the price.

• Stayed August 2013
Seattle
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We decided to stay here for the night on our way to Sacramento for a wedding (from Seattle). I found this place from TripAdvisor and all the rave reviews and price, booked it. For the price, it was a nice value in comparison to the other hotels in Redding.

When we checked in it was quick, but I have to agree with another reviewer, that the staff was not very friendly and it did smell like curry in the entire small room (I take it the managers/owners live on site). Besides the unfriendly welcome, the room was nice. Looked updated, but still older (carpets, bathroom area). Large room though. We were in a room with a king bed.

Wifi was spotty, not great but not awful. Your basic hotel. Breakfast was cereal, small muffins and juice, coffee and milk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, Washington
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place doesn't look like anything fancy but the rooms are spotlessly clean, the bed is very comfortable, the air conditioner is quiet and works very well, and it is located near a residential neighborhood away from the noise of the freeway traffic. I have made two trips this summer between Washington and California and I have stayed at places that cost two or even three times as much as what I paid here and were not as comfortable. The furniture and the carpet appears to be new, everything was freshly painted and spotlessly clean including the parking lot which has just been resealed and re-striped. Overall I would rate this ABVI as a 10 out of 10 and is by far the most enjoyable stay I have had this summer. I will definitely stay here again next time I am in Redding California.

Room Tip: The room I had( #124) was completely refurbished so I assume the rest of them have been also since t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mace648
Calgary
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I'm quite impressed with this ABVI like new clean room with a comfortable bed, fridge, microwave and good a/c and internet. This is a great value compared to what others in Redding want. Last time we stayed at a major chain and paid twice as much and it wasn't as good as here. Quiet location but close to restaurants and shopping. The only minor complaint is the breakfast items are minimal. We would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple