“Wait, Dark, Loud........... Great Steak!”
Review of Jack's Grill

Jack's Grill
Ranked #11 of 313 Restaurants in Redding
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I had a great dinner at Jack's. We did have to wait for awhile we went for a short walk and waited for another 20 mins. the place is a little dark and loud I knew that going there. The dinner tables are near the bar, no seperate room but the food is very good for the both of us the bill was about $65.00 including the tip.., no cocktails!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I believe Jacks only has two dinner seatings. When you get there, the wait is usually quite long, so you must spend your time standing, or hopefully sitting at the bar. That is fine, but by the time you are seated, which is usually at least two or three drinks later, you are hungry and probably telling jokes to strangers.

Jack's steak is generous and tastes great.

They have a chopped iceberg lettuce salad with Thousand Island, Blue Cheese, and some other selection of dressing. The salad isn't great, but remember, you have already had 2-3 drinks, so it isn't bad. Unlimited iceberg salad. You get some sort of garlic bread. I noticed that they appear to be using smaller glasses for their drinks than they used to use.

The lighting is very low. I suspect it is that way for a reason. Try not to use the restrooms. I only made that mistake once, and it was worse than any freeway gas station restroom.

However, in spite of the long wait, dirty atmosphere and marginal salad, I will go there again for the great steak.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I dont know why all the hype, my friend told me not go there because it was aweful and disgusting. But we decided to give it a try anyway BC of all the talk. We feel the only way to choke down the disgusting steak was if you were completely drunk. The drinks must be strong in order to make people forget about the disgusting atmosphere and tasteless, chewy steak.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I might have walked by a local gem if it was not for a friend who took us here. The outside is nothing to look at.

Looked like a local bar marginal food.

We took it on faith and went for dinner. A simple place, steak, steak, steak and a few other items on the short and simple menu.

Our filet was tender and flavorful. The fries are homemade and tasty. Don't expect anything fancy, just good food.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Best steak in town!!!! Oh, and the bartender can sure pour a drink:)
Better come early, they are always busy, hence thats how I found out about the bartender:)

Been to Jack's Grill? Share your experiences!