“Delighted in Redding”

Vintage Wine Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 315 Restaurants in Redding
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We are so delighted to have found an excellent wine bar and masterful restaurant for our frequent traveling stops here in Redding. Our server (Kay) provided the best service we've experienced at a wine bar. She was knowledgeable, thoughtful, professional and anxious to please - always a winning combination. Vintage's owner Alex has procured some stunning wines and beers for his customers, including the Argentinian Malbec (Altocedro) that Kay so thoughtfully introduced me to. The seared Ahi salad was delicious and artfully dressed and spiced - beautiful! I had a flight of "Dirty Wines" including a Penrose Shiraz that definitely won "Most Impressive Nose". Do not miss the chocolate Creme Brûlée - fabulous! Obviously we loved the Vintage and its people and will return every time we stop here in Redding. Don & Cynthia

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is excellent and the music can be the icing on the cake! Check the website to see their calendar if you are looking for some music to go with your drink and food. We typically go on the weekend but have gone on a Thursday night when a musical talent comes through town. The atmosphere is perfect with medium lighting and good sounds. The only draw back is the tall tables/chairs that you could end up with if the comfy chairs and 'normal' tables are full (that's about the only negative I can think of).

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband and I enjoy going here for a nice evening out of live music good wine and good food. I ordered the Jamaican jerk chicken which was delicious but very spicy hot. My husband ordered the fish tacos which he said were also very good. Our service has always been friendly and attentive.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We came upon Vintage Wine Bar and Restaurant while searching for a place to eat dinner in downtown Redding. None of the ranked restaurants on Tripadvisor sounded promising so we took a chance. Vintage turned out to be a very good choice. While more of a wine bar than a restaurant we were pleasantly surprised by the food. Both my wife's Margherita pizza and my beef brochette were well prepared and tasty. Prices are very reasonable. Very nice selection of by the glass wines. Service was friendly and helpful. We would definitely go again.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great evening with friends! Yummy wine, excellent live music. Didn't try any food, but gives excuse to come back!!