“We'd thought wee'd seen worse...”
Review of Stardust Motel

Stardust Motel
Stardust Motel
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed January 24, 2010

As we pulled in we thought, 'well I've seen worse, the location sucks, and the neighborhood is creepy.' The clerk on duty was obviously untrained, gave us the wrong room then gave us an occupied room, after many complications we finaly obtained a room. Upon entering we noticed bugs flying all over the room and bathroom. There were several large frightening stains on the wall as well as many smashed dead bugs. The weather was bad and very cold, our room heater did not work due to the pigeons residing in it. We are planning to ask for a refund. Hey at least our car wasn't broken into...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Starudust_Mgmnt, Manager at Stardust Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2010

First of all we would like to apologize for your bad experience you had in our establishment. But in response to your comments, our staff cannot help you until you tell us what is wrong.

Given that we are not a five star hotel, but even in a five star hotel, the guest would still need to inform front desk of any problems or request that they have. Unfortunately, we are not gifted with the ability to read minds, and to know what guests are thinking of.

If something was wrong, pls. let us know. We are only a phone call away from your room or about 50 feet away from the rooms and we'll do whatever we can so that you can have a pleasant stay. We do our best to make sure our room is clean and all our basic amenities such heat and aircon to be working.

Redding is a very beautiful place filled with wonderful people and I am very sorry that you feel that way about Redding.

There are newer reviews for Stardust Motel

Reviewed November 4, 2009

I stayed here in October 2009 for approximately 8 days whilst visiting bethel church in Redding.
Found it perfect for my requirements. I wanted an economical price, yet still clean and safe.
Close by to public transport. RABAride.com (Redding Buses) Station was only 5 minutes walk away. Easily took bus 14 to Masonic Transfer and then bus 7 to Churn Creek road. Then walked the remaining 5 min walk up College View Drive to Bethel. If walking from the Motel (down town) to the Church it was 55 minutes by foot. (Buses do not run on Sundays - but do on every other day).

Room had TV, fast speed wireless internet (wifi), Microwave, Fridge, coffee brewer....

Found the Manager very accommodating and helpful. Staff helpful and polite.

I was generally only at the motel during the evening... could hear faint road noise due to busier roads close by but it didn't bother me at all.

If you are looking for somewhere to stay during the night and somewhere to keep your belongings safe whilst you are off doing things during the day like me, the Stardust is perfect.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo

Thank you very much for the positive response. We try to do our best to accomodate our guest needs. Pls. swing by again next time you come visit Bethel church.

Reviewed September 2, 2009

The manager/owner of this motel was very gracious and accommodating to several requests that i had during my weeklong stay. the staff were all pleasant and the rooms was clean. i recommend this place to anyone looking for a deal of a place, where you are going to be spending your time doing activities and not lounging inside!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Starudust_Mgmnt, Manager at Stardust Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2009

Thank you for the positive review. As we always tell all our customers to let us know if they need anything to accomodate their needs, we do mean it.
They are not just empty promises at the end of the greeting to sound polite. If it's in our power to do something to accomodate the customer's needs, we will gladly do it. :)

I'm truly glad that you've enjoyed your stay. I hope that you could tell your friends about us and visit us again at Stardust.

Reviewed August 19, 2009

Cheap hotel, but you get what you pay for. It's on the corner of 2 very busy streets & very noisy. The A/C was weak and very loud. In the morning, we found tiny ants on the floor. Do not stay here! You will NOT be getting a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Starudust_Mgmnt, Manager at Stardust Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2009

First of all I would like to give you our warm thanks for allowing us to be of service to you during your stay at our establishment. We also appreciate for giving us a high score in terms of value and service.

We always encourage all of our patrons to let us immediately anytime of the day if they need anything to make their stay more pleasant.

For our future visitors who are planning to come to our motel, please let us know if you have any needs, the front desk is always open 24/7, and we are just a bell ring or a phone extension away :)

If the air conditioning unit is malfunctioning or making too much noise, please let us know and we will transfer you to another unit that will accommodate your needs.

Our windows have been upgraded to double pane windows that would give better insulation from Redding's heat and to preserve the coolness in the room.

Also, the window are designed to reduce a significant amount of noice level. Unfortunately, the establishment is not inside a bubble so we are still prone to some noise from the streets :)

Which is also the positive of the motel since it is located in the downtown area walking distance to restaurants and shopping and only 3 blocks away from Downtown Redding Mall.

The site also have a routine pest inspection annually, so the ant or ants that you saw are probably lost travelers who are searching for their colony :)

Reviewed August 6, 2009

My whole family (wife, daughter, grandma and grandpa and msyelf) visited Redding for the first time. We came upon this motel and out of all the inns and hotels, this is the best value one can get. It's kinda like Walmart of the hotels and motels out there.. Aircon was very cool, they have new locks on the doors. Pool was clean and nice on that warm day in Redding. My daughter and I went for an Ice cream just down the block. It's very conviniently located near food places. Best of all IT HAS WI-FI internet access FREE!

I must say, I really enjoyed our stay and will be coming back again when we come visit Redding again. My only complain was that the ice machine is broken, but the manager said that it had already ordered an ice machine. I will follow up when we visit again in September and post it here.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Starudust_Mgmnt, Manager at Stardust Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2009

We are so pleased that you had a pleasant stay at Stardust motel. We aim to do our very best. And I'm sure you had a wonderful time in Redding.

Pls. do visit us again, and this time our BRAND NEW ICE MACHINE has already been installed. So come swing by again.

Reviewed July 18, 2009

My wife and I and my 30 year old son stayed here on a 2 week vacation to Northern California and Oregon. I thought this motel was the very best value of the entire trip. The room had 2 queen beds, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and there was a very clean pool - all for $34/night. During our trip, we stayed at much, much more expensive motels - some of them chain motels, that were not as nice. I would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank tcrb04a1
Starudust_Mgmnt, Manager at Stardust Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2009

We are very glad that you are very satisfied with our motel.

Stardust Motel is now under our new onsite manager, Rakesh Patel. Together with Rakesh we are continously striving to make improvements in our service and facilities to better serve the needs of our customers.

Pls. keep us in mind the next time you visit Redding or Northern California.

Reviewed July 2, 2007

This hotel is really bad. I travel 2 to 3 nights per week for my job and this is the worst $50 hotel room I have ever stayed in. The air conditioner worked but was extremely loud (much too loud to sleep with it on), the water pressure is poor, the room is falling apart with bad furniture, bad paint and a reasonably clean but shabby bathroom. At $30 it would make a passable youth hostel. At $50+ per night it is an insult. You can definitely do better in Redding!

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Starudust_Mgmnt, Manager at Stardust Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2009

I apologize for the experience that you've received while staying at our motel. Steps have been taken to make sure that such accusations will not happen again.

We are doing our best to improve the quality of our customers since 2 years ago. I apologize again for the experience you've had. But pls. visit us again, and look for the manager and mention this post. I will personally make sure that you get the best accomodations that we could offer you.