“Don't let the location fool you”
Review of New China

New China
Ranked #49 of 319 Restaurants in Redding
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Came here with the family after a day in the caverns. We were tired and hungry for Chinese food. When we got to New China we were quickly seated and our drink order was taken. They allowed us some time to look at the extensive menus. I love Kung Pao chicken so I get it any chance I can. I have to say that this was some of the best I've ever had in all my travels. The egg drop soup was a little sweet but not bad flavor. My son who doesn't like chow mein even liked it, Defiantly will be making another visit here,

1  Thank cpcoco

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have eaten at New China Restaurant for years now, usually lunch, but also sometimes dinner. Prices are reasonable, portions are good-sized, and the food is outstanding. I disagree with hugh p saying it's greasy. This restaurant is located in the corner of a strip mall, not large and decorated to create ambiance that is incorporated into the price tag, and the comment about talking at you rather than to you is simply a lack of cultural understanding. I know all the owners and waiters from having patronized here for years, and while curt, they are friendly and courteous, and the keep things moving. Lunch crowd can pack the place out, so they do not have time to chit-chat. But you will get your main entree, chow mien or fried or steamed rice, egg roll and wonton, and soup for about seven bucks.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

A family favorite, they know my son in laws choice when he walks in, war won ton soup is a complete meal. Good service, Mai is our favorite. Sliced oranges after the meal is a nice touch. Good food at reasonable prices.

1  Thank Likestodine L
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My chow mein was greasy. It was smothered in oil. Tasteless. Few vegetables even though it was supposed to be vegetarian. My friend had a beef dish
which she liked. The service was abrupt and hurried even though it was
Sunday and not busy. They talked at you rather than to you. A place distinctly lacking charm, ambience.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have been to New China many times and the food and service is always consistently good. The menu has many selections at fairly reasonable prices. The veggies are fresh and although each dish is delicious, we definitely have our favorites - Mongolian Beef, Beef & Broccoli, Moo Shoo Beef/Pork, Wonton Soup, Chicken & Veggies, Shrimp Chow Mein, etc.

New China is located on Hwy 299 (Eureka Way) in a small strip mall. There is ample parking. The service is very good. They also have takeout.

1  Thank sandybeach818