“Family friendly”

Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Redding
central coast of Califonia
“Family friendly”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

What a warm welcoming from front desk staff. Great location. A lot of parking for RV's and trailers. Close to shopping and Catholic Church. A good starter breakfast to get you on the road to your next destination.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Hello Traci D,

So happy you found our hotel "Family Friendly!" and yes we do have RV and boat trailer parking for those summer trips to Lake Shasta. I have posted your review for my staff to read. After all, your satisfaction is what we are all working for!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful, new and graciously appointed experience for this extended stay hotel. I travel a lot with a good friend, and since we each like our privacy it is important to have a suite. This way, we each get our separate areas to sleep in without bothering the other person. Maybe that is why we have taken about 10 successful trips over the last couple of years :-)

This hotel was appointed with clean and contemporary furniture. Everything was so pristine, I thought the hotel was either brand-new or it was recently renovated. When I asked, they advise me that it was slightly over one year old.

I would highly recommend a visit to this hotel, which offers friendly service and large and comfortable suites.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank traveler4k
Hello traveler4k,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Oregon
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Conveniently located near restaurants and shopping, the TownePlace Suites was a pleasant respite after our long drive from Portland en route to San Jose. The front desk person was so friendly and helpful and all staff greeted us with smiles at each encounter. I loved that the kitchenette had a 3/4 size refrig and even a cooking surface if you want to shop at the nearby Safeway and dine in. Breakfast is average to slightly above, similar to many hotels, make your own waffles, fresh fruit, breads, cold cereals, yogurts and juices. Coffee was awesomely good(the most important part of breakfast for me). A small pool in front would be fun for kids and the hotel seems to be dog friendly. Plenty of outlets for your devices.

Room Tip: There is only 1 elevator so if you're going to be in and out a lot, opt for the first floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello dumoyer2,

I was pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay. I too prefer the Dark roasted coffee. Please be assured that Marriott is rolling out a new breakfast for the TownePlace Suites brand later this year. On the room tips, it said we only had one elevator when we actually have two! (One at each end of the building.) Thank you for choosing the Redding TownePlace Suites.
San Diego, CA
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed at Marriott TownePlace Suites in Richland, WA in June, 2013 and fell in love with the concept. So when we found out there is one in Redding, we reserved 4 nights. Fully equipped modern kitchen, big dining/work table, comfortable beds, good breakfast, laundry, BBQ outside, good location. The people helped us with EV charging, and we were totally happy. We wish that this type of hotel would be available everywhere we go.

Room Tip: ground floor, away from elevator. King suite is particularly nice.
Green Features: supportive of Electric Vehicle Recharging and recycling program.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello CJH367,
Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. Also, thank you for your insight in adding an EV charging station. My chief engineer is now working on getting the larger receptacle installed.
I have shared your review with my entire team. After all, your satisfaction is what we are all working for!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

After driving from New Orleans to Redding this was an amazing place to stop and rest a while. Our room was spacious and had everything we needed. The two girls at the front desk were so helpful and accommodating. Customer service here is amazing. The hotel seems new and very cute and extremely clean. I love that each room in our suite has it's own A/C unit. It is very comfortable and the views of the town and mountains are so pretty. We come to Redding a lot and we will always stay here from now on. This is the best hotel, not only in Redding, but one of the best in the country, in my opinion! Thank you for making us feel so welcome. What a blessing!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank HJCro
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hello HJCro,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our property. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Can’t complain about a damn thing, this Marriott TownePlace Suites met my expectations. TownePlace Suites in Redding is very new, clean and easy to find. Room is pretty much decked out with all the amenities and then some. The room may have been a little small for our family of four but it worked as an overnight stay. Breakfast offering was a little above average, but let’s face it, their not cooking you a made to order omelets. Pretty hard to beet that, no pun intended. I have been pretty loyal to the Hilton brands. Yet, my new Marriot Rewards card is being put to good use.

I have no doubts in recommending the Marriot TownePlace Suites in Redding.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Hello Striker701,

We are delighted that your stay with the TownePlace Suites Redding was enjoyable. We review each & every survey to ensure that we remain focused on the "correct" areas. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife an I enjoyed our stay here last week passing through Northern California. The hotel is newer with a great staff and the location is conveniently located near I-5 yet not so close that noise is any issue. This property is set up for the business traveler without a doubt. The rooms have ample storage, functional work stations and kitchenettes that are way above par. The only issue that I think is relevant is that for an extended stay of pleasure over business, this is not the hotel for me. Despite the very best efforts of the great staff, the interior design when you first walk in to the small lobby is very non-descript, sterile and bland. This dull feeling carries over to a very small reception/breakfast area which makes the entire entrance feel like I'm waiting to catch an airplane at the airport rather than enjoying myself at a nice hotel. Again, if I were traveling alone and on business, this would be my first option....however, for the price and lack of ambiance, I'll probably look elsewhere when traveling with my spouse.

Room Tip: From what I was told, they allow pets....except on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Simon S
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hello Simon S,

Thank you for your review of our property. You are absolutely correct that hotel is designed for the do-it-yourself business traveler with flexible work space and lots of storage. We do recognize that we have long term leisure guests as well and the staff is focused on connecting them with the local neighborhood. They offer maps and information on jogging trails, national parks and local attractions. If business should bring you back to Shasta County, I hope you will again choose the Redding TownePlace Suites.

Dave Creager