“my new Redding home”

TownePlace Suites Redding
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I spent the night at the Towneplace suites ,and was amazed how nice it was. Good desk personnel,nicely decorated rooms,good morning breakfast,newspapers,coffee,etc. Everything was first rate,,quiet also , as it is not off the freeway.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank krcSantaClarita
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Hello krcSantaClarita,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We review each and every guest review to ensure we are focused on the correct areas. I was pleased to read your comments and have shared them with my entire team. After all, your satisfaction is what we are all working for!

Dave Creager

There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Redding

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hotel is definitely one of the best in Redding. The suites are great for spending a week. The kitchen is huge, the desk space is more than adequate, and the couches are comfortable for reading books or just staring out the window. The service here is top. It is what we should expect from Marriott. You can move in for a week, and it will feel like you are living at home- a very nice home. Needless to say, everything was spotless and tidy.

Room Tip: The larger suites are well worth the extra few dollars!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CANYOH
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Hello Canyoh,

Thank you for choosing the Redding TownePlace Suites. I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We review each & every guest review to ensure that we remain focused on the correct areas. I was pleased to read that "everything was spotless & tidy." I will be sharing your comments with my entire team. After all, your satisfaction is what each & every one of us are working for!
If business or leisure brings you back to Shasta County, I hope you will again choose the Redding TownePlace Suites.

Dave Creager

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This property was a welcome stop on our long car trip. As mentioned in many other reviews, the property is very new, clean and inviting. The staff was quite friendly and made us feel welcome upon arrival. The only complaint I have is the coffee. It was just awful. I tried doubling the two packets to make it taste less like simply dirty water, but it was to useless. We made a quick stop at Starbucks before getting on the road, and I was human again!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mbhbe
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I am a Marriott member and this was by far the worst experience of my life with this brand of hotel. My husband and I were traveling and decided to stay here. Upon check in there was screaming kids running around the entire hotel entrance area since you access the pool from the main entrance. There was water and trash all over. Check in was fast and easy. Room was nice but set up where there was not a lot of moving around space. So time goes by and while interacting with representative Geoff, he made us both uncomfortable with inappropriate comments and suggestions. He seems friendly enough but the joking comments were not appreciated. Another thing is that my husbands key card would constantly be deactivated making us have to go to the lobby to interact with this said individual to get it active again. I don't know if it was a coincidence that it only happened when Geoff was working. Another thing that I disliked about the hotel is that the employees would smoke cigarettes right outside of the back entrance area not even 5 feet away from the door. It was disgusting to have to see them smoke and then have to walk through it to get to the hotel entrance. Last thing is that parking sucked and I constantly had to park on the street because boats towing trailers took up 5-6 spots a piece. The experience was so terrible that we had to leave. Most upsetting thing was that management never responded to my formal complaint. Completely dissatisfied.

• Stayed: July 2013
12  Thank Ffyrdrms
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I LOVE this motel. It is sometimes hard to find pet friendly hotels that aren't going to charge you a ton of money. We had to pass through Redding and ended up needing to stay the night. I didn't have reservations and when I called they were able to get us and the furbabies in no problem. In fact, when we got they even gave us a discount. The front desk staff were amazing and so nice. The hotel was super clean and even had a little pet station outside. I couldn't ask for a better place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Heather B
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Hi - I booked this place on the basis of the other reviews and I can confirm everything. The building looks new, the furnishings for once are modern. The room has a great little kitchen and my wife liked the fact that it was immaculately clean. My only complaint is the coffee which could be better. I have stayed in places 3 times the price which have been worse

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jfo1985
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Very nice new facility. Comfortable beds, new flat screen tv with large channel selection. Many convenient, easy to reach electrical outlets on: nightstands, desk and sinks in kitchen and bathrooms. You can recharge everything at once! Lots of drawers and cupboards. Kitchenette stocked for two. Big closet. Loveseat and ottoman. Desk with task lighting and overhead storage shelves. Adequate breakfast with: fruit, yogurt, toast, waffles, cereal, coffee, juice, milk and hard boiled eggs (the only protien). There are many hotel brands in this market segment with similar facilities. This location is new and shiney. Others may have a better breakfast selection. I would suggest shopping price. We used Hotwire and our price was a real bargain for this place (even though we did not know what we had booked until after we had paid).

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms are quiet, there is no floor above you.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple