TownePlace Suites Redding
$119
$81
Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites(Redding)(Great Value!)
$112
$106
Travelodge Redding CA(Redding)(Great Value!)
$98
$116
$117
$113
Agoda.com
All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchenyogurtstove topnice kitchenfront deskpull out sofafree breakfastfelt like homelong staynewer hoteleach morningbusiness tripgreat place to stayenglish muffinshard boiled eggsgood size
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed at many TownePlace Suites and our expectations are high. This hotel exceeded them. Perhaps because it is so new, the furnishings and beds were especially comfortable. We love the modern decor in this hotel chain, and this place was no exception. In addition, the kitchen appliances were stainless, the counters were granite, and the flat screen TVs in every room were great. We loved having a refrigerator so that we could supplement the usual hotel fruit (bananas) with some fresh fruit from a nearby store. It might be hard to find this hotel without a GPS or written instructions. On previous trips, we had not noticed it driving by on the Interstate. But now that we've found it, we will stop there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Good thing we made a decision to break a quick road trip to Portland from San Francisco by spending the night in Redding. Picked this new TownePlace Suites property as we travel with a small dog and Marriott is wisely dog-friendly. Traffic was beyond awful and it took us from 5+ hours to make the drive from the Bay Area. TownPlace Suites has certainly been studying high-end properties and they have done it well. We were greeted in a very nice way upon arrival. Our room was on the top floor (4th) so we had no overhead noise. The room was bandbox clean. Bath towels were truly bath sheets and comfortably made it around my girth. Perhaps not the plushest towel ever but more than adequate. The bed was first rate – no aches and pains or waking each other up from tossing and turning. Only note is it would have been nice to have a flatter pillow. Perhaps they were available but I was too tired to ask. A hot breakfast is included and was a great way to leave and not spend more time on the road. The Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner were a nice surprise as the bathroom amenity Clearly this property is geared to people coming to stay for a while but I will definitely return If I pass through Redding. Location is off the main thoroughfare so was also very quiet. The close proximity to restaurants and gas stations is also a plus.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LDGM
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel. It is a newer property and everything is very clean. the people were quite pleasant and helpful. the room had 2 queens and a pullout sofa which was great for our family. Breakfast was about as good as the included breakfast gets with more cereal choices than most.. It was pleasant from start to finish. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Recommended!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chicagofamily2468
Reviewed August 16, 2013

On our way north, we stayed at this property for two nights to see Redding sights with our two kidlets. We were THRILLED and surprised how wonderful their two bedroom suites were. With two bedrooms, a fully furnished kitchen (yes, even a dishwasher!) overlooking the living room, I was ready to stay a month. With a nice gym - treadmills, weights, ellipticals, the requisite TVs, towels and water, and a washer and dryer, onsite laundry and a pool, we were wonderfully comfortable.

Despite the heat outside, the TPSR's AC was a wonderful respite, with controls in each room. Oh, and TVs too. So, we put the kids to bed and kicked back. Great beds and lots of pillows.

They had a really decent free breakfast - waffle makers, breads, cereals, yogurts, fruit, juices and all-day coffee. It was a great landing spot for us. The staff - from front desk to housekeepers- was amazingly friendly, helpful and attentive. The pool was there; a bit hot and crowded with kids, but my kids didn't seem to mind.

I think the coolest part was the Redding map at the entrance. It guided us to recreational sites (we went to Siskiyou Lake to try the Splash Zone- it's a bit of a haul), the magical bridge and river, and the charming downtown. I wished we'd gone to the museum that seemed kid friendly and educational... We enjoyed food at Mary's Pizza; not so much Famous Dave's, Denny's and ...
It's in an area of dozens of hotels and a mall. No destinations to walk to...but if we'd been kid-free, we could've visited some pubs on foot.

Last note: thank you to the staffer who found my cellphone buried in the living room couch. They had it wrapped and secured in their backroom ready for my pickup. PHEW!

Room Tip: Got kids? Go for the suite. And enjoy it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here for a week while training about 2 blocks away. The room was clean, albeit small for a suite. There is a stove top, but there is no oven (which would be nice). On one occasion, a delivery truck parked directly behind my rental car and blocked me in. I walked to the training and no big deal, but I'll admit to annoyed. My annoyance was abated immediately upon my return. Steve, an employee I don't think I met, cleaned my car windshield which was quite dirty and left a little note about "just because I want you to travel safely". It was the nicest gesture I've seen in a long time and is what will make this a successful hotel. Being friendly and TRULY caring about your guests goes a long way. I'll be back if I'm training in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business