“Good Food at Cattleman's”
Review of Cattlemens

Cattlemens
Ranked #7 of 320 Restaurants in Redding
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The Cattleman's was right next door to our Motel. Made it very convent to go out to dinner. Decorated well, vert western/ Family restaurant, but places for intimate dinner also. Menue was good if you like steaks. My steak dinner was perfect to order. Wonderful hug he Sweet potato topped with butter and nuts. Price was great, for my steak dinner only $16.00. Service was good also.

1  Thank A518VSLindaS

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Had chance to stop in for dinner, received two $10.00 coupons for dinner. Had not been in a while.
Awesome well cooked steak, Rare like I like it, (so lucky most of the time that they will cook it like that).
Nice well done potato, smoked beans, fresh salad with homemade salad dressing, sour dough bread and simple wedge of broccoli. All I could ask for.

Plenty of parking out back, real western decorations and a homey feel. Great service. This Cattleman's is the real deal

1  Thank dans58
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We been to Cattlemen's a number of times in several locations. Overall, we found that Cattlemen's provides good quality ranch-style/cookhouse meals and excellent steaks. The Cattlemen's in Redding was a little disappointing. We found the prices somewhat higher that other locations and the atmosphere somewhat lacking.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband and I had the worst service and food, EVER last night. Our server was slow, talked too much with other customers at the bar, before tending to our needs. When we FINALLY got our food, the steak had way too much fat on it, had to get us new cuts,and the baked potatoes were saturated w/sour cream. We had to ask for everything a second and third time...butter, redo on our steaks, wondering why our lobster was so tiny, drinks, etc. Altogether, our meal took 1 1/2 hrs from cook time to wait for condiments that were supposed to be on the table before the meal came to our table. It is worth the short wait time for a booth behind the check-in booth. This is the first time we got such a lousy meal for a high price. We were shocked when the ticket came.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed next door at the La Quinta who suggested us eating here with a 10% discount. We had driven from Olympia WA on May 14thand were ready for a good meal and a good night's sleep. While my husband was resting from the long drive I walked over ( barely out the front door of the hotel) to order take out meals. The décor was western and seemed to have a great atmosphere. It was around 7 PM. TH entryway seemed to be a bustle of disorganized Once the person asked me what I needed and heard that I was going to order to take out, she told me that the person who takes the take out orders would be back shortly and she would inform her. I waited about 10 mins. before anyone came , then when she did , she walked up and told me she had to finish processing the bill for another person and would be "right back" That was another 10 mins. Finally she took my order and when I asked her how long it would be before it was ready she informed me 15-20 mins. I told her I was going to walk back to the room and would be back. I arrived back at 19 mins. and found no one again at the desk. There was another man and a man and his wife also waiting in the area. Whenever I was in this area there seemed to be a large number of waiters and waitresses hurrying back and forth. When the person helping me came out to the area, she once again told me she had to finish up getting the order for the other man and also had to take care of another person's check, but that our entrees were ready.I asked her if she would please include one piece of cheesecake also in the order. (I had been sitting in the front area so long that the samples at the desk made me want one) She failed to ask the older couple what they needed. Left again and no one at the desk. A couple times the waiters even commented on where the person was who was supposed to be there. Another waitress then came by and asked the couple if they had been helped to which the man replied we were told they were getting use a table and it would be about ten minutes, so we went to wash our hands. We have been waiting another ten and no one has told us a table is ready. The waitress told them she would take care of them and within 2-3 mins took them to be seated.My person finally came out after another 20 mins and said the cheesecake was being packed up (?), by now I was wondering how warm our entrees were. After another 5 mins. she brought a large bag out and said she had added "real" silverware. It took her a while to complete the $ transaction and I was finally on my way back to the room. Once I got to the room I found there was only one salad, no dressing, one order of ranch beans One set of silverware. Our entrees were still very hot. So back I went, finding no one at the desk and waiting until I could catch her.I told her what was missing, she took a few more minutes to get the rest and I finally returned to the room so we could eat. When I was first going back to get the items that were missing I passed a man with a bag of food from there coming back to the inn. I almost told him to check his bag for accuracy, but didn't. While I was waiting for the missing items, he came walking back in also, because she left things out of his bag also. Just let me say the food was very good and the price was reasonable. We had the three different types of steak with peppers, onions and mushroom on "shish-kabob" type sticks. The meat was tender, baked potatoes hot and cooked through. I don't know that I would go back if the service was like that again. It seemed that this person just had no organizational skills, going back and forth a lot and failing to prioritize accordingly. She originally thanked me for my "willingness to wait" 20 mins became an hour initially. However, I think she could have given a deeper discount or a free item. If she is the front person she is not making a good customer service impression!
As a positive it appeared that one of their employees had recently been involved in a tragic accident and died and there was active fund raising going on in the lobby for that. It is nice to see an employer caring about their employees.

1  Thank SharonLDRN

Been to Cattlemens? Share your experiences!