“Service is really poor:(”
Review of View 202

View 202
Reserve with OpenTable
View 202 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 315 Restaurants in Redding
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A fairly new restaurant in Redding in the old "Rivers" location.
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

The last three or four time we have been here the food has been good but we have had very poor service every time. The one exception was when we dined at the bar for lunch and it was fairly slow. We went in for a friends birthday last Thursday and had a great food but we really had to work to get service......to the point of recruiting another server we actually know to help us get our order. I really hope the service improves because no matter how good the food is I refuse to pay those prices with poor service or in the case of the last visit.....no service.

1  Thank Elizabeth B

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I've eaten at View 202 in the past 30 days. Last night was dinner, and a few weeks ago for lunch. The ambiance, and view was great. Both times the service was beyond terrible. We were seated on the patio last night and it took 15 minutes for someone to bring us water, then another 30 minutes to flag down what I think was a manager to order our food. I asked him who our server was and he said "it's me now, I'll take care of you", which was odd. I guess we didn't have a server. Nobody came by for us to order drinks or cocktails, so we gave the manager our food and drink order all at once while we had his attention. We ordered a beer and glass of wine, and about 15 minutes later they showed up and we're not what we ordered. We were told that they'd send some bread out, but we never got it. The food came out, and mine was cold and disappointing after all that long wait. The manager did stop at our table to check on us, but at that point we'd been there nearly 90 minutes and were just ready to leave. The tables on either side of us were filled with people who were also upset and complaining to the manager. It didn't seem like there was a server working in our section of the patio at all. He seemed overwhelmed and understaffed.

This exact scenario almost played out at lunch when I was there a few weeks ago as well. I thought it was a fluke, and decided to give them another chance, but clearly it's a trend. It's a shame, because this place could be great. We won't be returning.

1  Thank DirtyMartini3Olives
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We went to the view 202 on Valentines day without a reservation. We sat at the bar, which was a great environment. The food was very good, wine recommendations excellent and we took as long as we needed to enjoy our dinner. My husband and I were impressed!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great food, great view but HORRIBLE service! Four times visited--four times horrible service! NO EXCUSE!

1  Thank KarenPaloCedro
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

The service at this place was great. Unique dishes and a beautiful view completed the experience. Reasonable prices and delicious food. What more can you ask for?

Been to View 202? Share your experiences!