“No Smurfs here”

Cuisines: Greek
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/greek-shack-redding
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/greek-shack-redding
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We found this place by the Smurf blue paint job..We really enjoyed the the lamb gyro combos..Thick, chunky and generous portions of lamb meat....It took a long time for our order as they make it all from scratch..And there was no one else here at the time.
We weren't real keen with the Tabouli salad as I was expecting more coos-coos in it. It was about 80% chopped parsley, yuck...Pita and humus very good..Take your order to go if you can as the location is on a very busy, noisy road...

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Heard about this place from a friend. I'm a local so decided to stop by for a quick lunch. You order outside, and there are 5-6 tables for patio seating, no indoor seating. The food came out quickly, maybe a 5 minute wait, so this is perfect for lunch breaks! There were a steady stream of customers coming in for lunch while I was here, most picking up orders to go.

Fairly limited menu of Gyros, falafel sandwiches, salads, etc. They do have several vegetarian options, which is nice. I ordered the Chicken Gyro, in a combo with a Greek salad, and hummus/pita. The gyro was huge, lots of meat, great veggies and dressing. It was really delicious and enough for two people.

Really liked the meal. Will definitely be back for more! I'm so glad to know about a great place to get some Greek food in Redding!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

In my first review I lamented about the 'bacon slice' meat, on my last two visits the meat was the traditional gyros meat done in the vertical spinning cooker. This place is now 'da bomb'. Last time I ordered 2 lamb gyros, asked for one to be made as a 'heat up and put together later'. Sauce and meat were kept separate and is all went together the next day perfectly.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Friendly service. Excellent lamb gyro. And especially appreciated the server's attention to hygienic preparation of my meal. Prices are reasonable. Stop in you won't regret that you did.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stopped for lunch as I traveled north on I-5. I ordered a Lamb Gyro at the outside window and sat outside which is the only seating. It was 105 degrees, the seating area is covered and has water mist spraying to cool customers. It wasn't too bad or uncomfortable.

The lamb gyro was very good, I would stop here again, when passing through.