“I know where I'm going when in Redding”

Famous Dave's Barbeque
Ranked #54 of 302 Restaurants in Redding
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Crescent City, California
“I know where I'm going when in Redding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We went to Famous Dave's while doing a hospital visit in February. We went through Redding this last Thursday, March 6th and was privileged to go there again. We love everything about it. The décor, the food, the service. We shared the platter for one and it fed both of us! I know where I want to go eat anytime I'm in Redding, CA

• Visited March 2014

“" Famously Predictable BBQ"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Famous Dave's is a chain BBQ restaurant fairly new to the Redding,Ca area. We have had plenty of outstanding BBQ in our travels from rest stop grillers to converted gas stations, but what we like about FD's the food is constantly good, a good atmosphere served up by a friendly attentive staff. When good BBQ is hard to find in our travels we always know we will be satisfied at Famous Dave's. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2013
“Get the brisket”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I've been to one other Dave's Famous BBQ, and both had pretty slow service. Our waitress was very nice though. It's a little loud in the restaurant because there are so many tables and lots of televisions playing sports games.

I think the best thing there is the brisket, but it wasn't as tender at this Redding location as it was in Gilroy. The Mac and cheese is awesome. It's a spicy adult version. The coleslaw and beans are good. The cornbread muffins are very sweet like a dessert. We enjoyed the BBQ chips they brought after we ordered drinks...we had to ask for a second bowl for our 2 year old because she gobbled them up so quickly.

I enjoy Famous Dave's and would go back again, but not if I were in a hurry.

• Visited December 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Best BBQ in northern California”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

When you walk in its got the most inviting smell and atmosphere..i love that you can choose the sauce you want on the meat you want mmmmmm soo delicious. The staff is soo nice also very friendly nd fast. Famous Dave's is just the greatest place to be end of story haha :)

• Visited June 2013
Littleton, CO
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

They brag that their ribs “melt off the bone”, but it’s more like “gnaw off the bone”. Basically a dry rib disguised with lots of BBQ sauce.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Famous Dave's Barbeque? Share your experiences!