“wonderful hotel”

Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Redding
boston
“wonderful hotel”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Our room was extremely comfortable and quiet. Hotel is right off highway and strategically located. Lots of restaurants, mall and drugstores nearby. I would definitely stay here again. Price was right too. I speak Spanish so was able to communicate with the cleaning staff who were very friendly and helpful, especially when I had to ask for more towels and shampoo (for my husband and myself). They did a superb job cleaning during our 3 night stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sacramento
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for 3 days. Accomodations were more than adequate..., and quiet! More importantly, the staff bent over backwards returning a cellphone that I'd mistakenly left in our room when we moved on. Very pleasant desk clerk and shift manager got the phone sent home and even took time to separate the battery so as not to run it down. Attention to detail always works for me. Next time I'm in town, they will have my repeat business. Good job!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed February 13, 2009

I stayed at this place a couple of years ago and thought it was great. It was just an overnight, but I liked it enough to go back for a longer stay coming up next week. The breakfast was good and a great value included in the room. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 7, 2008

The motel is quite new. Our room was large,clean and had a good bed. It also had a comfortable chair with a good reading light--a surprise as most motels seem to have 40-60 watt bulbs.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed September 28, 2008

Stayed there on 9/26/08 and i accidentally left a $25.00 pair of ONEILL filp flops in the room. I called today 9/28/08 when i unpacked my suitcase and realized i had left them next to the bed. I was told that house keeping did not find them and basically i was [----]. I know i left them there i remember taking them off next to the bed before i went to bed, and i know i did not pick them up and put them in my suitcase. So i hope she enjoys them..

• Liked — nothing the room was small, bed was hard, bathroom small and very low light.
  • Disliked — the fact that they kept my shoes and lied about not finding them.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Redding hotels

Oregon
Reviewed August 26, 2008

We arrived in Redding just before midnight and needed to find a place that wasn't too costly. Tried Holiday Inn Express, Best Western, La Quinta, Oxford Suites, Red Lion. Still a little more than we wanted to spend. Went across the way to Amerihost and they were considerably less. I asked to see a room (not trusting that it would be clean, etc.). It was very, very clean and spacious. I paid for it and we went to bed. The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillow was fluffy. King bed, 6 pillows! Loved it! Breakfast next morning was continental - make your own waffles, bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee. More than enough for us. Pool looked very nice (didn't use). I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

• Liked — clean and reasonable
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cmock
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed June 27, 2008

This hotel is a nice place to stay when traveling with your spouse and/or children. It is clean and comfortable. After reading all of the reviews about this hotel, I was expecting a tiny room, but our room was exactly the same size as every other similarly-priced hotel room we have ever stayed in, and we do a LOT of traveling! I was happy to discover that the size of the room was just fine. I would have taken a picture of the room to post here, but we were too pressed for time. The staff was very polite and helpful! The pool looks great, but we didn't have time for a swim. We enjoyed the breakfast, which goes way beyond "continental!" They have quite a variety of foods to choose from, and the breakfast room is comfortable and cozy! There were two things I really liked about the room that was different that most I've stayed in. One was that I couldn't hear people talking in the rooms that were adjacent to ours. That was a relief! Also, the room didn't have that stale smell that so many hotels have these days. It was very clean! We enjoyed our stay, and we plan to stay there again on our next road trip up Interstate 5. I would recommend it to my friends.

Stayed June 2008