“Just about perfect”

Hilton Garden Inn Redding
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed June 3, 2006

We were extremely pleased with this hotel, and had a lovely room overlooking the Sacramento River. It was newish, extremely clean, very comfortable beds, nice little area for coffee, refrigerator and microwave. We enjoyed the breakfast. We were completely happy with this stop. As a side note, we had a great meal at Gironda's Italian restaurant, despite how it looks from the outside. Check the AAA book for review. We used the hotel as a home base to visit Shasta Lake, Whiskeytown Lake, and Mt. Lassen--very convenient location. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank Sooz2

Reviewed March 3, 2006

We are going to visit Turtle Bay Exploration Park & Sundial Bridge when president day weekend, and stay in this hotel. It's unforgetable great hotel and will come back again.

Here is some I want to share with you.
1) Their Gym has a big French window, and you can see a beautiful view from Gym.
2) Their pool & spa is out-door (heated, when I was there, air temperature is 50', water still 70~80), and you must visit to them in night time, you can see a wide sky and star from pool
3) Their breakfast is good, I was stay for a lot of Hilton Garden Inn, this is best one I found. Usually I will take picture for my order to share in Tripadvior.com, but this time, it just too good, and I forget to take a picture before I fininsh it...

Jacky Chen

• Stayed: February 2006
10  Thank Jchen0
Reviewed January 27, 2006

For Redding, this is an excellent hotel. I agree with other reviewers that they tend to "lose" the details of your reservation, did you ask for a king? did you ask for non-smoking? My details have never been screwed up by my corporate travel agent but this time the room was not the one I asked for. My Hilton Honors gold card saved me from the upset other travellers have complained about on this website. The hotel bar, although small, has very nice people working there (ask for Jackie) - unfortunately hotel management requires serving my double gin and tonic with the stainless steel measuring cup, which is a disappointment - doubles poured from the bottle always generate bigger tips!!!

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank NatTaggart
Reviewed January 14, 2006

I've stayed at most of the top 6 or 7 hotels in Redding and believe this one to be the best. It's only a couple years old and not showing much wear and tear. The staff is very friendly and honors my request for a river view room. I've stayed in the height of summer and in January and both times the room tempurature was comfortable. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms in excellent shape. The beds are soft, comfortable and pillows plentiful (but I wish there was something better than foam pillows.) The fitness center has a treadmill and ellipitical trainer(?) but if you like to run, get directions to the river trail (about 3 miles away.) The pool and jacuzzi are small, but certainly adequate. It's off the main drag on Hilltop where most of the other hotels are located, but in Redding, which when a traffic jam happens, it will be it's first, it only takes a three minutes to get anywhere in town.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank Mikeandcris
A TripAdvisor Member
Prescott, AZ
Reviewed November 5, 2005

Really nice hotel. Clean and a view of the river. There was some problems with the room service. They lost our order and our kids were starving for 2 hrs while we waited. They did comp the meal so I guess it was a wash.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2005

We stayed here for several days while visiting family. Though booked on Hilton site far in advance, room was not ready at check-in time. It is also a bit out of the way and over-priced for what you get. I know it's new - but we paid about $160 per night, which is ridiculous when you realize this is not much of an upgrade from a Holiday Inn.

The little kiosk in the lobby (in lieu of self service mini-bar or a lobby shop) is pretty much a joke, with everything being priced extremely high - we just went to the grocery store for snacks, etc.

We ate the breakfast buffet one morning and it was ok, again nothing above average.

I'd like to try a different property next visit, but there really isn't much to chose from.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank ekerr19
Reviewed October 22, 2005

New hotel. Had a massive double suite - could have had a party for 30 people in it! Obviously, very comfortable. Free internet. Good shower head. Too bad the hot and pool weren't around back overlooking the Sacramento River instead of in front next to the parking lot overlooking the gas station.

• Stayed: October 2005