“Pleasant Surprise for Redding”

Hilton Garden Inn Redding
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed in four different Hotel establishments, I will rate them shortly. In my travels I stay at various chains, but tend to stay at the more established ones when I can. In remote locations, I can't always do that. Redding and Anderson seems to be the mecca for horrible hotel accomodations - but NOT the Hilton Garden Inn. I like the fact that they are not on the strip of Hotels on Hilltop drive. They are by themselves, will a grand view of the river. Quiet accomodations, clean & spacious rooms, friendly and accomodating front desk. Their mini-restaraunt that serves breakfast/lunch and dinner have a limited menu, but the food was excellent. I tipped my waiter as much as the meal costs, because the service was that good - very attentive to my personal needs. The pool, amenities and grounds are a quiet retreat and an excellent place to stay from a days travels, or as a half-way point to your next destination. I travel for business. They have WIFI, a business area and a great location for meeting other business constituents. This location will continue to be where I stop & stay when in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms give you a peacefull River view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bestsales123
Carol M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

I wish you could have seen the smiles from the team when I read your review!! You did all the work but I got the biggest smiles! Thanks so much!! We love our quiet location and feel like we're the hidden treasure of the area! We are close to golf and a great park so if you have time next visit let us direct you. Now, about that limited menu...it's being redone and hopefully soon!! More of the great items are being added. Please come see us again...soon.
Have a wonderful spring..the trees out front are all in bloom...come see.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night and it was quite pleasant experience. The room was quit and comfortable, WIFI was reliable and relatively fast, breakfast was additional cost in the morning and was OK.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks so much for taking time to review our hotel. It always brings smiles to know we 'got it right'!! Please come visit us again..the trees in the parking lot are all in bloom so you'll get that touch of spring!
Again, from the entire team...thanks!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Arrived here at the end of a gruelling 12 hour drive. What a pleasure to be greeted as though we were much loved members of the family. All staff were super friendly and welcoming and we were quickly feeling 100% more relaxed with a great meal and a nice bottle of wine served by the most pleasant wait staff imaginable. Room was comfortable as expected. The doors to the rooms looked like they had been attacked by a herd of angry cows, but we didn't care -- presume they were about to be painted. All in all, a great stop.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Carol M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thanks! And thanks again!! It's so much fun to share the great reviews with our team...and I only wish you could see the smiles! Our restaurant is really special and we get so many nice compliments about it. I love that it's all wrapped into one experience and no one has to go in search of a good meal.
Now, about those doors...you sure made us smile! Apparently during the renovation the wrong paint was used..and it 'looks like they were attacked by angry cows!". We are in the process of sanding and repainting so hope it's all done before you come back.
Have a wonderful spring..and come see us again soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I recently stayed here for a week and was very impressed with the accommodations. Everything at the hotel was great. When I am traveling to Redding, I usually stay at one of the hotels near the Redding mall. This hotel is not near the mall or any shopping areas. It does have a Burger King and gas station across the street. The hotel does have a restaurant which serves breakfast (buffet only), lunch and dinner. Breakfast was not included in the price. Each morning I enjoyed the freshly made omelets. The beds in the rooms can be adjusted for preferred comfort (firm mattress, soft, etc.). I would say this is a great hotel for business travelers. Also towards the back end of the parking lot is a gated area with a sign that states Indian burial ground.

Room Tip: Ask for the room that overlooks the river.
1  Thank DisneyTrip2012
Carol M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

A week? Wow, what a long time to be away from home! So glad we could make the stay a good one. It's so hard to give up our 'space' at home to travel and it's great to know we hit the mark at making your stay a pleasant one! And yes, we are away from the 'action' but our liability is our greatest asset!! We're nice and quiet! Please come see us again and have a wonderful spring.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

EXCELLENT SERVICE BY THE STAFF!!!!! Prior to checkout, I left my wedding band in my bathroom and did not realize it until later in the day as I was traveling. I contacted the hotel and informed them of my situation. They told me they would check the bathroom and immediately call me back. Within 10 minutes they called me to inform me that had located and secured my ring. With the Managers approval, they FedEx'd [ovenight] my ring to my home address. I was very happy and please that they were able to accomodate me. I will be staying at this hotel every trip I make to Northern California.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Oh my! Left a wedding band? You must have been in a bit of a panic! So glad the team was able to locate and get it back to you. Some things can't be replaced and we are all so pleased yours ended well. Please come see us again...and we'll keep an eye out for any 'lefts" for you!
Carol and team

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We went to Redding to visit with family. An older family member lives there and we are all from out of town. The lobby is very large and quite nice and it was a great place to sit and visit instead of cramming ourselves into some-one's room. We felt as though we were at home. It is a great place to stay and the coffee is great too!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks so much for taking time to review our hotel and team. If you liked our lobby, just wait! We are going to undergo a renovation that's so incredible you won't recognize us! So much friendlier than even now! So, now there's the reason you must return and check us out! Have a wonderful spring.
Carol and team

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed here for business and was very comfortable. The room was clean, the bed was super comfortable. The staff was very friendly and made a point to greet me cheerfully whenever I passed the front desk or ate in the restaurant. I only subtracted one star because of the clunky wi-fi that I had to reconnect to every day and because the breakfast was a bit pricey. Good food though, and I had a salmon dinner the first night that was delicious. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river, beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

What a great thing to have such an awesome review on a rainy Monday morning! Thanks!! Made us all smile! We're so glad you had a nice stay and we kinda like being a little 'hidden treasure' away from all the hustle and bustle. Next time you are here if the weather is cooperating try out our patio's and enjoy the quiet. Please come see us again, soon!