“My 3rd stay in 3 years-- always a pleasure!”

Hilton Garden Inn Redding
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have stayed at this location 3 times in the past while traveling on business.
It is always a pleasant stay--always a pleasure!
Max at the desk was very, very nice.
The hotel was clean and well appointed.
The heat-a/c system worked well.
There were plenty of towels and hot water.
The bed was comfortable...pillows were good.
The hotel was undergoing some construction/renovation at the time, but it was fine and they were keeping everything clean in the midst of it.
The cost was a bit pricey in comparison to other hotels in the area.
The bathroom counter was small...not much room for toiletries, but it was okay.
Like with all HGI's ... a fridge and micro in the room.
I did not eat at the restaurant or use the exercise room.
I will stay here again if my business brings me back to Redding!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eulalia_3

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Get a room facing the river. It's very quiet and peaceful. Great accommodations. True to the Hilton Garden brand - not luxury, but clean, comfortable, value oriented lodging. Will stay there again. A feature not to be taken for granted: the heating/cooling system is quiet!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Comfortable place to stay for business travel. Will be staying at this location in the future for further business travel. Only downside is that the hotel is not close to many restaurants. Is close to I-5.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This property is clean, quiet and convenient. We had a lovely view of the river and a nice-sized room with comfortable queen-sized beds. The staff were generally polite and accommodating. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Loved the whole hotel. Staff were very friendly and informative. Clean room, bed was comfortable and it was fairly quite. I will definitely stay again and will suggest it to my friends and co-workers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 205CindyW
HGI-Redding-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next arrival.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I like staying at Hilton Garden Inn properties. I like that there are plenty of pillows and down comforters. Free wifi and decent toiletries in the bathroom. They have a nice lobby area where you can relax out of the room if you need to. There is always some sort of pool/spa (important if you have a child!) But the hotels are always a strange mix of amenities at the price point (my king size room was $120 for the 'bed and breakfast' option).

The service in the restaurant was poor; who thinks the right question while you are standing there to be seated is if you'd like coffee or orange juice and then as they are seating you rattling off that you can order eggs, waffles, and pancakes at the window? I'd rather HGI make their restaurants full service in the morning (as they are for lunch and dinner) or completely self service. What the server will or will not do (it varies per property or perhaps per mood swing) is often different. And if I have to order the cooked to order food myself at the counter, get it myself from the counter (as my server is no where to be found), help myself to the other food, I refill my own coffee, I'm wondering why there is a server at all that expects a tip (and my server made SURE to let me know that tip wasn't included at the start of my meal and at the end when she delivered the check).

The front desk staff was friendly, though didn't want to move from behind the desk. When the last luggage cart was taken from me when I was about to unload the car (I was managing with my young tired son after 9 pm), there was no effort to help me locate the other two carts. There was just a sigh that other customers hadn't returned them. On my third trip through the lobby with my son lugging things to our third floor room, I saw that one of clerks was getting off. Maybe leaver's fever was the cause of the lackadaisical service.

We stayed in late March and the pool was open but it hadn't been cleaned in a few days, which was a shame as it would have been nice to easily go between the pool and the spa without having to dodge the many, many leaves and insects on the surface. And because the pool was the main reason we chose this property, it was a pretty big disappointment. I also had to track down towels in the gym when they should have been right there at the pool.

The location is just on the edge of town, nothing is quick driving or walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nice hotel, very clean, staff was extremely helpful and we had a beautiful view from our room. However, the hotel is poorly designed, and if you're on the 1st floor - you can hear EVERYTHING on the floor above you. That's my only complaint, the rest of the hotel was wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family