“would stay again”

Hilton Garden Inn Redding
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Quiet, clean, a few miles from Hilltop - some rooms with view of the Sacremento River. Would stay again

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
HGI-Redding-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

We are one exit South of Hilltop which gives us a great location on a plateau above the Sacramento River. A very relaxing location. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We needed a stopping point on our road trip from Seattle to San Diego over the Christmas Holiday. Redding is the half way point. After reading hotel reviews from this site we decided to stay here. We weren't disappointed. It is a great hotel. The hotel was clean and quiet. Our room was big enough for the 5 of us and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet they offer at their restaurant was delicious and worth the money. My kids couldn't get enough bacon, toast, pancakes, and cereal. We stayed here again on our way back home to Seattle and received the same great service. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for the review. Our breakfast buffet with cook to order omelets is very good I'm glad to hear yu enjoyed it. We hope to see you no your next trip down south.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We hosted our 40th anniversary celebration here. All of our out of town guests raved about their rooms and the staff. We could not have asked for a better group of people to work with. Great suggestions for making our party perfect. From appetizers to dinner, room setup to staffing, it was perfect. We will recommend the Hilton to everyone for any event they plan.

Room Tip: Be sure you reserve a room with a view of the Sacramento River.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
HGI-Redding-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Congratulations on fourty years! It sounds like you had a great event. Our Sales & Catering staff love doing events. It shows in their passion and attention to detail. Thank you for choosing us and allow us to be part of such a special event.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Decided on this hotel for our weekend getaway and let the hotel know we wanted a nice quiet room for our romantic weekend. They gave us a room at the back end of the hotel which had a great view of the Sacramento River, had imitation rose petals sprinkled all over the room, and towel swans on the bed. It was a nice surprise since I didn't request or pay any additional for a "romantic package".

We had the breakfast buffet and dinner here and the food was excellent. I was concerned when I saw a small kitchen and small eating area, but the food was much better than I expected. Made to order omelets and all the breakfast options you could want, including a very attentive hostess. And for dinner we were equally impressed.

Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Durhamite
HGI-Redding-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

The Staff here looks for those opportunities to exceed your expectations and it sounds like we accomplished it during your stay. The restaurant does do a great job both with our breakfast buffet and our lunch and dinner options. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we’ll see you next time.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Not often you can give a 10/10 rating but this place gets it. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient and seemed genuinely pleased to have us as guests. The breakfast was to die for.

We used the small fitness room and the restaurant for dinner and breakfast.

Room Tip: We turned up at 5.30pm on the day and chatted to Reception
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VANDICARLTON

Thank you for the kind words. The staff truely do appreciate each of our guests and strive for the home away from home attitude. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Redding.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

I stayed here a while back on my way to Mexico from Washington. I have seen nothing but pleasant experiences from reviews on trip advisor. Will never return to this place. The front desk acted as if they were put out for a simple towel request. You have to pay for all meals which is unfortunate as most other places in this small town offers. The food was sub par to say the least. I tried to speak with a manager and was told there was no one there to help me. Which is why I waited to return from my vacation to post this. The room looked unkempt with a very wrinkled bed that looked like someone had just slept in it. The evening and morning I was there no one even said hello to me. I am highly dissappointed and sad that customer service is gone. I would recommend the motel 6 over this place.

• Stayed: November 2011
5  Thank ocean083
HGI-Redding-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so sorry to hear that you had a poor experience at our hotel. I would like to discuss this with you further if you could please contact me when you have a moment.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

My First Stay at the Redding Hilton garden was Excellent it was a one night stay, I wish I could stay longer the staff were so helpfull and nice, prompt service, everything was very clean, quiet, Room service was right on time, excellent Food, good price, could not be any better, I think this was the best hotel that I stayed at. you will not be disappointed, I will tell all my family and friends about this place and will I return soon. Thank you so much Hilton Garden inn Redding Ca, I will be back soon, you guys are Great

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the Sacramento River on the third floor you will like it
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ranbub

Thank you for the review. Our river-view rooms are very popular and do add to the experience.