“Terrific value”

Travelodge Redding CA
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Somewhat off the beaten path relative to I5 but quite the outstanding value. The rooms are typical moderate motel fare. Ours had a full size refer. and twin queens. It was spotless. Looking at the number of cars in the parking lot, nearl full, compared to adjacent motels, indicated that the word is out on this place. Again not fancy but compared to to cost of other motels in redding, a great value and we will be back.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 3, 2010

Stopped off here travelling between Lassen and the North Coast. Found everything to be very good. Service desk was helpful; room was clean; coped well with the weather (103C) and it was close enough to a good selection of restaurants. The pool was clean and refreshing. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2010

We checked into our room at 10pm and were exhausted from our trip (we'd been on a road trip for the past 10 days). We got into the room and checked to make sure beds were clean and everything was good. Our room had 2 queen beds and then a seperate room with a locking door that went to the bathroom/kitchen. It was large so you weren't going pee in your kitchen or anything but it was really nice having the full fridge and large area to get ready in the morning.

Once in the room the front desk called because they had forgotten to give us a key to the other room. OTHER ROOM!!??!! Yeppers, they had upgraded us from the basic 2 queen to the kids suite!! The seperate room had a double bed, tv with dvd and vcr player, 2 cute sleepy bear lamps, a sleepy bear chair and was just the cutest little room ever!!.

The beds were reasonable, nothing like the plush brand new beds we had at HOJO in Disneyland but we slept well and were really happy with the service and the room (oops, I mean suite!!). There is no breakfast (at least that I saw or were told about) and the pool was outdoor and much too cold for us to use. I think there was a spa and work out room but we left so early that we didn't use it.

Reviewed November 23, 2010

I have never written in or used Trip Advisor before but my daughter has and has had good results so I thought I would use it for our stop over in Redding. Well this hotel was listed as #2 for Redding and so we thought - great. Price was very reasonable. But when we got there we were disappointed. First it was in a lousy part of town with no restaurants near by but a Chinese and Mexican with most of the lights in the letter missing. But I thought this is a little town maybe this is all there is. The hotel/motel was not bad looking from the outside but it was one of the old kind that you have to park and walk outside and upstairs to your room. The room looked like a flashback from 1960. It seemed clean enough but the beds must have been from 1960 - they were hard as a rock - no give at all. I was suspicious of the sheets and pillowcases they didn't look crisp and clean. And the pillows had lumps in them. There was a free breakfast that was not bad but you had to drive quite a way to get to it - that is when I saw that there was a better part of town. I would not recommend it or stay there again. Sorry to say.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie8553
Reviewed November 21, 2010

A happy find on a long road trip. Nice comfortable room with everything we needed. Showed up without reservations and got an excellent rate. Amazing value, as the free breakfast was at a locally popular restaurant. A nice choice of food, and we enjoyed the experience. (I think another breakfast option is available for those who don't want to drive a half mile south to the restaurant.) The Travelodge is near an entrance to an Arboretum. A path through the gardens leads to the river, the Sundial Bridge, and a cafe and museum beyond, a nice surprise to us.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dayle F
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We spent one night at this travelodge and found it to be clean and comfortable, bit of a pain having to carry our heavy bags up the stairs as we were in a first floor room and there wasn't a lift.
We thought the breakfast would be closer and wondered where on earth we were going but followed the instructions and it was well worth it, the breakfast at Lumberjacks was excellent.

Reviewed November 19, 2010

I'm a grandma and stayed here with my two grandaughters, 5 & 7 for a couple of nights while we visited nearby Turtle Bay and Mt Lassen. I was a little freaked about the bedbug report by a recent reviewer, but there was not a live insect in the place, inside or our so I can only assume they took care of any problem. The room was BIG, the beds were 5 star comfy, things were SPOTLESS (cleaner that I have seen at luxury hotels); we even had a full kitchette and that was handy. It is in a quiet area of town so good sleeping. The staff was helpful and friendly and the free breakfast a short drive away at Lumberjacks was very good, It was such a good value that I kind of felt guilty!! I would recommend this place to anyone and certainly will stay here again!!

2  Thank MandragoraMaggie